Chapter 9 ~ Meant To Be *EDITED*

The Ransom

Chapter 9 ~ Meant To Be

"You wouldn't have to apologize if you stopped, Nate!" I screamed at him, Harry looked in pain on his face, but in his eyes that starred at me showed no regret. He just starred at me, and that was the worst pain of all, he showed no emotion, nothing, well, unless you count the lingering love that lasted in his eyes, making it worse as the blood splattered. He looked like he didn't even feel it, as the blood soaked his pant leg and splattered on his shirt and face.

Starring me straight in the eyes the entire time, I couldn't help but feel horrible, but strangely nice. Harry Styles would die for me, and that was a nice feeling. One that I just couldn't shake off like it was nothing, if felt horrid, but strangely good. Like I had something, something to be here for. Harry Styles and our baby. Something I never thought would happen...

I slumped down a little in my chair, my hands keeping me in place.

"Are you ready, Harry?" Nathan asked, malice oozing from his words.

Harry paused a little before answering, "Yes...."

I let out a choked sob. He was ready to die, but then again he wasn't. He would die for me though....

Nathan pressed the bone saw against Harry's skin. Blood spewed all around him and Nathan.

My eyes clenched tightly closed and I heard Harry groan in pain, "Nathan..." I whispered, begging for his attention.

I knew I had to do something quick, "Nathan! What's that sound!" I asked quietly, then I asked again, "Nathan, I think... I think I hear sirens!" I said in my best lying voice.

Nathan froze and looked at me, "What?" he asked quietly and bolted out the room after dropping the saw.

I lied, no sirens where coming, I couldn't move, but at least it gave me time to say good bye to Harry, "Harry.." I mumbled and he looked at me, still the only thing clear in his foggy eyes was love.

"Yes, love?" he asked, his British accent coming out beautifully, and then I realized, that was the first time Harry Styles had called me love.

Nathan came back into the room, he didn't seem mad, "You must have been hearing things." he said, his voice still the same tone, "I've actually got.. a bit of a ransom for you... well, another one!" Nathan stated, a glint in his eye.

"If you marry my sister, I will let you live!" Nathan stated, clearly happy.

"How can we get married when we're in here?" I asked, "And, we can't leave here with out getting you caught, but I'm pretty sure you already knew that." I stated, and he nodded in a, 'yes, I did know that' way.

"Okay, I'll let you go. On one deal, you and Harry get married..." Nathan said as he took the binds off my arms.

"And who's going to marry us?" I asked him.

"I'll find someone. Just don't worry about it." he helped me up off the seat, actually being a good brother for a first time in what felt like years.

"Um...Okay..." I walked over to Harry, as he was now getting off the table. Harry groaned and blood poured down his leg, not nearly as bad as what Nathan had done to me, but pretty bad, almost down to the bone, but nothing that couldn't heal, with a few stitches he'd be back to normal.

I helped him as he limped out of the room, Nathan and I practically carrying him, I wondered why Nathan is making us do this... When we arrived back at the room, Nate opened the door and we walked inside, he gently closed the door and we heard him walk down the hall.