Chapter 11 ~ Could She Know..? *EDITED*

The Ransom

Chapter 11 ~ Could She Know..?

"Where is he now?" she continued.

"Oh, he's taking a shower. I don't think Nathan let them do that when he was out there," I told her.

She just nodded her head in response. "Okay well, are you going back to sleep?"

"No..." I mumbled. "I'm going to make breakfast for you all!" I stated and skipped into the kitchen.

"OK!" Sage stated. "Would you like some help?" she questioned.

"Uh, sure..." I mumbled, and she jumped up to help me in the kitchen. Once we arrived in the kitchen she helped me with the ingredients.

"What are you going to make?" she asked me.

I shrugged, "Pancakes?"

She smiled and ran over to the pantry to get the batter. I walked over to the refrigerator and grabbed some more supplies, and set them down on the counter.

"Are we ready for the pancakes?" Sage questioned with wide eyes. "I love pancakes." she added.

"Obviously. Then again, who doesn't?"

She shrugged and watched me get everything ready for pancakes.

"Wait... waffles?" I asked and Sage gaped at me.

"Yes! Omigod! I love waffles!" Sage shrieked at me.

I giggled and heard someone come in. Turning around, I saw Zayn and Harry. "What are you making?" they asked in sync.

"Waffles!" Sage said with a giggle.

"Good!" Harry said smiling and Zayn grinned at me.

"Get the ingredients, Sage!" I stated and we started the waffles.

"Is there anything else that's going with the waffles?" Zayn asked me.

"Um...Bacon? Fruit? I don't know....Choose something." I told him.

He nodded and walked over to the fridge and pulled out the bacon.

"Really? You don't like fruit?" Sage said with a laugh.

"Oh no, I like fruit, but I think it's better to have fights with." Zayn said with a smile. Sage giggled.

"Harry...What do you think about waffles?" I asked.

"I would like them better if I was making them...But whatever," he replied.

"Then make 'em Haz..." I mumbled and kissed his cheek before going over to lean on the wall. He looked at me like I was crazy and I could tell there was a hint of doubt that I wasn't going to interrupt while he was cooking. But I wasn't going to; I never did!

"OK..." he mumbled and started making them. I smiled at Sage and Zayn.

Zayn glanced at me. It was more than just a quick glance, his eyes lingered and bored into mine. I was captivated by his milk chocolate eyes and I immediately felt lost in them as they looked into my soul. I felt my heart beat faster and clench, I felt my palms go sweaty and my mouth drop, my heart fluttered and spasmed in my chest like I was having a heart attack, but I wasn't.

I quickly looked away from Zayn, the feeling still lingering. Sage and Harry gave me a funny look.

"Something wrong?" Harry asked.

I slowly shook my head, "No..Nothing at all." I put on a fake smile and walked out of the kitchen. No one followed me or said anything to me.

What was I feeling towards Zayn? It wasn't something I had felt towards Harry, was it the same thing that I felt towards Harry? I sure hope not...

I walked into Harry and mines bed room and sat on the bed, I couldn't believe that he kept me captivated like that, I hated it. I couldn't believe myself, I hate myself right now. I- I... I couldn't believe I was wishing we were alone so I could run up and kiss him full on the lips!

I mentally scolded myself for thinking like that. I was with Harry-not Zayn. Besides, Zayn is going to have to be with Sage.

I have Harry.

I have Harry.

I have Harry.

But I want Zayn....

I was having a mental war between Zayn and Harry. I was pregnant with Harry's kid anyways. But, for some un-known reason, I really wanted Zayn. He was all of a suden really intriguing to me. I had barely talked to him, but he was, it was.. to say the least, different and I didn't like it. It irritated me as much as it could, not being able to figure out why I was all of a sudden attracted to him and not Harry was beyond me!

Ugh! Why can't I have a normal life, normal friends that aren't dead or going to die, a normal boyfriend named Zayn- I mean, oh hell, I can't even lie to myself anymore.

I took one last deep breath and walked back out into the kitchen where Harry, Zayn, and Sage were.

"Sorry I left for a moment...." I said.

"It's fine..But, why exactly did you leave the room?" Harry asked me.

"Oh. Um...I thought I heard something." My lie wasn't even believable.

"Mhm. Right." Sage gave me weird look before continuing to eat her waffles.

"What?" I asked coldly and defensively. Could she know?

How would she know? Did I make it that obvious? I guess I could find out...