Chapter 14 ~ Debating With Myself *EDITED*

The Ransom

Chapter 14 ~ Debating With Myself

Zayn and Sage left the room to us. Harry was laying on the bed and I was just sitting on it.

"You two aren't together, are you?" Harry asked me. I shook my head. Well, we weren't together, yet....

"No, we're not. It wouldn't be right, anyways...." I trailed off, looking on the ceiling.

"Mhm, right." Harry said in a disbelieving voice.

"I'm being serious! It wouldn't be right!" I mumbled with an exasperated sigh.

"I may love you, but I would be OK with seeing you leave me for another man. As long as you're happy, I am too. Because, I love you..." Harry whispered and I looked at him, tears threatening to stream down my face. "You're perfect, you know that?" he asked me.

I'm not perfect. I bite my nails, lose pitch when singing sometimes. "I'm not perfect... I, I... I bite my nails, sing off pitch sometimes, crack my knuckles, fall in love too easily and I- I.. still love Nathan, even though he's insane..." I mumbled.

Zayn's P.O.V.

I stood by the door listening to their conversation. Sage had already gone back to the living room.

"I may love you, but I would be OK with seeing you leave me for another man. As long as you're happy, I am too. Because, I love you...You're perfect, you know that?" I heard Harry say to her. I tuned out for Demi's part.

I smiled at the thought. I really liked Demi, so it was good to hear I could be with her.

I heard someone get up and head towards the door. I tried to run away, but the door opened before I could get away. Demi walked out, a huge smile on her face.

"You were listening, weren't you?" she paused. "Well, we can be together! Harry said it was fine!" I smiled, and hugged her. She hugged me back with pleasure.

"I'll give you two the room then..." Harry mumbled and got up.

"OK..." I mumbled awkwardly and Demi let me go.

I stared at Demi for a second before picking her up and carrying her to the bed, placing her down gently. I covered her up before going to the other side and climbed in.

I snuggled into Demi, but she was already starting to go to sleep.

"Goodnight," I whispered in her ear. She mumbled something inaudible, and was completely asleep. I started thinking if we would ever get out of here....Alive, anyways. Sage and Harry might work out...I thought to myself. I fell into an uneasy sleep.

Demi's P. O. V.

"You did good, Demithen!" Serena said in her fading voice.

"What?" I asked, clearly confused, she giggled in her Serena-y way before answering.

"You picked Zayn! I knew you would! Well, not when I first got there, I thought you'd end up with the curly hippie dude when I first got there, then... Well, I've been watching. You belong together. You and the bad boy-ish one I mean..." she said in all her Ser-babble that I usually tuned out of, but not this time.

"Thanks, Serena..." I whispered. She smiled her usual bright smile at me before nodding and disappearing, encouraging to either stay in the weird white colored, boring dream. Or wake up.

I decided to wake up, and in doing so, I noticed I had a smile on my face. Zayn was asleep, and his arms were around me. This made me smile more. I didn't plan on waking him up, so I gently slid out from his arms.

As I tiptoed to the kitchen, I noticed Sage and Harry talking in frantic voices.

" . . . I'm sorry, Harry." I heard Sage say.

"Me too." Harry said. I shrugged it off, deciding to not get involved. Were they talking about me, or Zayn? Or both of us?

I walked into the kitchen. It was a nice kitchen, the refrigerator was a silver color, with food stocked in it and the cabinets looked brand new too. It had a round table in the center with a flower and a few place mats on it. It was overall, a beautiful kitchen. Serena and Kara would have loved it.

Instead of walking forward, tears filled my eyes, although I willed them away. Just the thought of them made me cry. I sighed and blinked back the tears before anyone noticed, but it was too late. Harry and Sage had already noticed my red eyes with slight water in them.

"Demi, what's wrong?" Sage asked worriedly as Harry stepped forward to comfort me.

"It's OK, Demi... what's wrong..." he mumbled. I could tell it was weird for him not to call me 'babe' or 'love' and call me by my name.

"Nothing....I'm just thinking of Serena and Kara...." I rubbed my eyes, causing a few tears to spill.

Harry leaned in a for a hug, but Sage beat him to it. She wrapped her arms around me in a comforting way. Harry leaned back, looking a bit jealous and upset. He still loved me...

"It'll be okay..." she said in soothing voice.

"Yeah....I know...." I paused and continued in a tired voice. "Well, I guess it's time to go to sleep..."

Sage smiled at me and unwrapped her arms from around me. "Goodnight!" they both called.

"Goodnight!" I said and walked off into the bedroom.

***

As I lied in my bed, I couldn't sleep. I knew it wasn't Zayn. It was just, I couldn't get them off my mind. I sighed and hopped off the bed; there was a question I had to ask. The only person that could give me the answer was dead, well, the only people.

It had been a year today; and not since our kidnapping. One year... how time flies. I wonder if they'd be proud of me. I bet they would, I wonder if they can see what Nathan's doing to me. I bet they can, but they know it's right, because everything happens for a reason. They always thought that, one day my small kidnapping will change the world. No matter how much, it will.

Zayn was still in a peaceful sleep. Even if I tried to wake him, he probably wouldn't get up.

I didn't try to disguise my footsteps as I walked into the living room. To pass the time I decided to listen to some music. My iPod was out here, in the living room anyways.

"Aw, frick..." I mumbled. My iPod was under Sage, who was sleeping on it.

I gently rolled Sage over on the other side of the couch. There it was- My iPod! I snatched it up and craddled it in my hands.

"Who's here?" Sage mumbled in her sleep.

I tiptoed back to to the room, and noticed Zayn was awake, and sitting up on the bed.

"I thought you left..." he mumbled.

I smiled a little, "I did, for my iPod, but I wasn't actually gone...."

"Yeah, I would have thought so. I mean, if you had to leave, Nathan would've made the announcement..." he mumbled groggily, and I smiled slightly.

"Yeah, he would have," I said, my smile turning slightly sad.

"What, what's wrong?" Zayn asked in a whisper.