Ch. 10 The Aphla and Den Mother

"A horse less carriage, now this is new." Thorn said as he started to turn green.

"I won't say its got no horses. By the way flea just how old are you?" The words teasing fell from Chris's mouth as he step on the gas making Thorn more green.

"I don't know how old I am. I haven't a clue what year it is. I was put on the tree in 1896 and I believe I was there for 118 years maybe. But I was born in 1431. So what year is it?" Thorn asked.

"2019, You're old as shit Flea. 588 years old damn Fa you like them old." Chris said.

"Laugh it up now mutt. I maybe old but I'll always look this good. I'll never age a day over 28. Have fun with saggy balls. Sorry Fa I told you the wrong age before it seem I misplaced 4 years while on that damn tree."

"Enough you two shut up. Chris what did you need to talk to us about anyway?" They both were starting to piss me off.

"Aww dont get your panties in a twist princess. I need to talk to you about pack laws, the full moon, your heat and you also need to meet the pack. First off telling me to shut up isn't going to fly." He said his voice getting deeper and his pack mark started to burn.

"I'm Aphla of this pack and you well respected that. All the wolves in my pack are marked. The marked well burn or worse if you disrespect me or fail to follow orders." Chris said.

The mark started to burn more and more as I listened to him talk.

"Fa if you want it to stop you need to show respect. Bow your head so your neck is showing to me and said I'm sorry Aphla. Other wise it's just going to keep going."

I did as I was told I bowed my head, showing my neck to him as he was driving. "I'm sorry Aphla."

"Hell no am I going to bow or allow a mangy mutt to push me around. So you can burn your stupid mark right off my neck." Thorn said from the back seat. His mark started to glow red and a burn skin smell filled to SUV.

"Is that the best you can do puppy? I've been tortured many times this is nothing." He said laughing as electricity filled his body. "You've got nothing puppy."

"There's more then one way to punish disrespectful fleas." All at once my mark started to burn and my electricity filled my body. I screamed my heart out, my body hurt so much I couldn't more. My body fell limp in the seat, tears rolled down my face when it stopped.

"Now flea do you have anything to say to me, YOUR APHLA!" Chris asked him.

"You're a coward. You use a girl to get even with me. Why would I respect a coward?"

"Not a girl, your mate." The burning and electricity started again far worse then before. I cried out hard this time when the bone in my right arm snapped in half. The SUV slammed to a stop on the side of a field filled road. Chris getting out of the car. He throw open Thorn's door pulling him over to my car door before opening it.

"Look at her you fucking flea. Do you see the pain you put your mate, your true love through?" Chris scream at Thorn. My body feel as if lighting kept hitting me. Burns marks started to show on my body.

"Please make it stop." I cried out.

"I don't give a damn about her. She's just another meal to me. She not my true love ether. She acts like a horny dog and dresses that way too. How could I love someone who doesn't respect their self or their mate. I had a wife and kids, I loved them but they are gone now. Fa doesn't know anything about me. I'm a monster that shouldn't be loved." The pain from the pack marked stopped but a new pain started.

My mating mark felt broken. I felt broken, but his words. My eyes land on him then Chris. Chris's mouth hung open in shock. I shot out of my seat and now standing face to face with my mate.

"Rrrrrrr how could he? How could you? You're my mate and you marked me. You marked us, now You're just going reject us. We should just left you on that tree. Why did you mark us if you didn't want us?"  Razy rage was taking over. Her rage over power my tears. She took control of my body as I feel her begin to shift. A paw hand slapped across Thorn's face. Leaving behind 4 deep claw marks starting from his left side forehead down to his right side chin.

"It was lust, I got lost in my lust and marked you. A mistake on my part for that I'm sorry. But it won't happen again. I won't mate with you, I refuse to start another family. " he rejected me without sparing a look my way.

"I've had it with you. Fa loved you, I loved you and you rejected us. I never want to see you again mate. I hope you get stuck to the honeylocust tree again. Don't worry I'll make sure Fa won't find you again." With that Razy raced away with my body under her control. She pull the little clothes we had off and shifted.

We ran till we couldn't anymore. We had crossed the corn fields and ran the whole width of the woods. Before Razy's paws could carry us no more. The run was painful and the only sound Razy made were crying howls. Razy laid in a yard before falling asleep. A yard that felt safe and welcoming.

Upon opening my eyes, I felt the pain in my chest, the hurt Thorn had cause. The grass was cold under me and I lay nude in a ball. All the burns and broken arm from the pack mark were healed. Unsure of what should do next. I hoped Chris would come get me, I nor Razy were ready to see Thorn again.

"Oh my dear, are you ok?" A sweet older woman called out to me before wrapping a blanket around me. She was a short lady with grey hair. She smelled of chocolate and home. She hugged me as she shushed me from my crying.

"Now now dear lets get you inside and dressed. Rejection hurts but you most be strong. Show that mate of your what he's missing out on. Come along dear we can't have you missing your first full moon run." She said as she pulled me into her small cottage.

"My name is Mary but you can just call me Den Mother everyone does. And I know you're Fa and a wolf with a broken heart. So your vampire mate Thorn rejected you sweetie?" She asked though I didn't know how she knew this. She took me to her room and hand me a yellow sundress. It stopped below my knees and had a 50 fell to it.

"Sorry I don't have and clothes that will fit you from today style. But my old dress looks nice on you. You don't have to tell what happened but I do need to call my grand son and tell him you're here." She said before stepping out of the room. I couldn't bring myself to say a word to her but she seem to know everything already.

Not before too long she step back in. "Chris will soon be here dear and you'll have to go to the full moon run. I do not know if your mate will be there but as it is his first run too. He maybe forced but Aphla Chris to take part and meet the pack he's now part of." She said as she hand me a few chocolate chip cookies.

"Is Chris your grand son?" I asked taking a bite of cookie.

"Yes dear, that's how I know about you."

"How did you know Thorn rejected me?" I asked trying not to cry.

"Your mate mark dear. When one is rejected the mark splits down the middle. But it can be fixed. Do you want to try again with your mate?" I can't lift my head to meet her eyes. I wanted Thorn but I also wanted him to hurt like I did. I know its wrong but I couldn't help how I felt. Razy had made it clear how she felt about him. I wonder if the claw marks are still there.

"I don't know." Was all I could say before there was a knock on her door.