8.

-Luna-

It's the next day and I walk into the cafeteria by myself and sit down at the table. I have been feeling sick all day so I don't bother to picking up food.I see Amanda and Bria heading my way and I wave them over, they come sit next to me.

"Oh my gosh Luna did you hear." Bria says to me.

"Hear what?" I ask 

"This morning Naya just went and hugged Asher, like out of no where as she saw him." Amanda says and my jaw drops

"No fucking way." I say to them

"Yeah it was crazy I saw all of it." Bria says.

"Did he ... hug her back?" I ask 

"Yeah kinda it looked like it I mean." Bria says to me 

"Okay cool," I play it off.

"Any who me and Bria have a project to do and this is the only time we have to do it, so bye girl." Amanda says to me 

"Bye Manda bye Bria ." I say as they leave the table

Astrid and Noah approach the table with food on their trays.

"Luna, aren't you going to get food?" Noah asks as he pulls a chair and sits down.

"I've kinda lost my appetite." I say and run my hands through my hair. Noah gives ma a weird look and Astrid puts a little pudding cup in front of me.

"I'm really not hungry, I might throw up."I say an try to laugh only ending up coughing.

"Luna if you're sick why'd you come to school?" Astrid asks putting her hand on my shoulder, while Noah looks over concerned.

"I don't know I don't feel that bad... Actually you know what I'm going home."  I say as I see Asher and Luca approaching our table.

"Hey Luna." Asher and Luca both greet me and I brush past them saying a quick hi.

As I walk through the halls I quickly call an uber realizing I'm still staying at Astrid's house. I take the long way around the school to pass time. Soon I make it to the courtyard and wait for my uber that is two minutes away. 

As it gets here I greet the driver, and tell him where to go. 

"How was your day?" He asks me.

"Terrible sir and yours?" I ask

"Well, It's my baby girls birthday, she's turned five." He says to me and smiles.

"Happy birthday to her, I hope you're going there after this." I reply with a small smile 

"It depends actually, but I hope I can." He says to me and I nod.

"So why would a girl like you be having a terrible day?" He asks me

"I don't know." I say to him

"Boy trouble?" He asks ad I keep quiet.

"ah ha so that's what's wrong." He says to me

"Haha kinda, it's really stupid and confusing." I say back to him.

"Listen remember that your feelings are never stupid, ever. Why don't you just talk to him and let him know how you feel. If he's your friend then just let him see your better side show what he could be missing." He says to me as we pull into my house. 

"thank you so much sir," I say coming out of the car.

"Call me bob." he says to me. I then pull out two hundred dollar bills from my purse and hand them to Bob.

"Sweetheart this is more than double the amount." He says to me.

"Tell your daughter happy birthday from Luna." I say to Bob

"Thank you so much, you are God sent." He says to me almost in tears.

"you're welcome, thanks for the advice." I say to him.

"of course anytime, just use my code." He says and we both laugh I then wave to him as he drives off. I then walk to my front door and get out my keys from my bag. My parents informed me that they were on a business trip and won't be back for three weeks. It's times like these that I hate being an only child. Being alone in a house as large as this is no good for the soul.

I go up to my room and change into my swim suit, it's one of those perfect weather days. Not too hot and not too cold, and I wanted to calm down a bit. Walking out of my room into the lonely hallway I sigh inwardly. I really wish I had siblings, or someone at home with me.

Once I get outside, I switch on the pool house stereo and play some music. I slip into the pool and relish the feeling of cool water touching my skin. I swim once around the pool and sit in a corner. 

My emotions are getting the best of me and I need to keep myself in check, I think to myself. Swimming to the center of the pool, I take a deep breath and sink slowly to the bottom. I open my eyes and look around for a moment. Despite the water stinging my eyes it's calm down here. As I'm about to run out of breath I push my feet against the bottom of the pool and swim to the surface. 

I dry myself as I get out of the pool. The hallways seemed wider as I walked back to my room. Not bothering to wear underwear I change into an over sized shirt and cotton shorts. I lay on my bed re reading a Twilight book.Hearing the doorbell I put the book down and walk to answer the door. I don't bother looking through the hole when I open the door.

"Asher?"I say 

------------------

Been having wifi issues 

comment share and vote 

Hugs & Kisses