10.

Something most people wouldn't know is that my connection with Asher is more than what it seems. Me and him go way back and our dads work together frequently. You wouldn't believe that we're both major sci-fi nerds. You wouldn't believe that he started crying the first time we watched the ring in middle school at my house and now he only watches horror movie from the 80s cause they aren't scary. You wouldn't know his favorite colour is grey, not cause of his eyes but "for the aesthetic". You wouldn't understand why he has his room arranged the way it is. You wouldn't know that me and him secretly have a competition for better grades. You wouldn't know that when we were 7 he cheated in an Easter egg hunt and cried cause he felt bad. Also you wouldn't know that he never steps on cracks, cause he's a total mothers boy. That's what you get for judging a book by it's cover.

You wouldn't know that we were each others first kiss. You wouldn't know that his eyes aren't actually grey they are a very light icy green that get this topaz circle sometimes, but I've only seen that happen a few times. You wouldn't know that we had our first time together and I was in so much pain during and after, he held me as I cried and took care of me at his house for a week. You wouldn't know that he actually doesn't just glare, and occasionally smirk and chuckle. He actually smiles and really laughs together. But, hey knowing things doesn't mean anything at all right.

I guess you would understand now that as I drive to his house the only thing I can think of is him. I don't know if he'd understand though. The best thing to do is push my feelings aside and I know the best way to do so.

I park my car inside the compound and walk up the large steps to his front door. Moving my weight from one leg to the other I push the door bell. 

"What do you have for me?" Asher says as he opens the door.

"All five Nightmare on Elm Street movies, including the newer remake." I say to him pulling the disks out of my designer bag.

"Ehn I'll take it." He says and lets me in. I walk with him shoulder to shoulder as we head to the movie room. He brings to  large bowls from the table filled with popcorn. 

"So Luna let's get straight to the point, what's going on with you ?" He asks me.

"You couldn't even wait for us to watch at least one of the movies?"  He laughs at my response.

"Luna you know I care about you, I mean our parents have never been around much and we were really just left to our own devices growing up. We only see them for short periods during the year and on holidays. With all five of us growing up together like that in those very similar situations, its hard for me too see anyone of us upset and just let it be. Especially you." He finishes and I'm shocked at his words.

" Honestly, right now I'm really depressed. Like I have no clue where my life is heading , there's one year left of high school and then we all go to college or whatever. But, how am I supposed to do that when I have no clue what I want to do and no clue on what I want to study." I start

"Like all this high school bullshit is really messing with my head. I'm trying my best to like live in the moment or whatever but, what's the fucking point? What am I going to do when all this is over and we all go our separate ways, I know we'll see each other as often as possible but... I don't I just feel like my life right now is really meaningless." I finish with a deep sigh.

"Fuck." He says 

"Yeah I know fuck." I say 

"Luna I'm sorry you feel that way," 

"Me too"

"I want you to understand something though. You have so many opportunities to do whatever you want. I mean you're beautiful and tall, you could be a model, you're voice is amazing you could be a singer, you can cry on cue, you can be an actress. We know you'd love the attention, literally you're like Zendaya, though I must say she's prettier than you, sorry." 

"You compared me to Zendaya, I'll take the compliment," We both laugh.

I know my mental health issues won't go away in a day, week, or even a month. But, knowing that I have people like Ash makes all the difference

-----------------------------

Yes I've been gone forever, and yes this is a short chapter but, I posted this to know who is still interested in this book. I started it at the beginning of this year and it's four months till the end, I've been busy.  

If you're still interested in this book please follow me, Dm and tell me what you want to come from the next chapters. 

also this chapter is dedicated to the person who made me want to continue this book so go follow her.

ALSO add this story to your reading lists, and share it, and comment or whatever. THANKSSS

Hugs&Kisses