Ready

Jerome's POV

in the morning

I watch Hailey having her beauty rest with my head rested on my hand. I can't help but smiling looking at my princess.

I want to be with her everyday. But the gala, Theo wants me to be here.

I want to be there also because Hailey is going to attend it and she was invited. What'll she think if she sees me?

I just can't wait to show my claws and fangs to her.

I get up from the bed and stand in front of the bed. I unbutton my shirt and takes off my clothe—except for the pants—and goes to the bathroom without closing the door.

 I unbutton my shirt and takes off my clothe—except for the pants—and goes to the bathroom without closing the door

I look at myself in the mirror and breath heavily. I just wants to prove that I love her. Am I her boyfriend? Is she my girlfriend? She did not says anything about it and not even a single word saying that I am her lover.

How can I prove to her if she is still afraid of me?

I let out an angry breath and punch the wall as hard as I can.

"Tonight at the gala, I will show her that I love her and how much I care about her. I will do anything for her after the gala and I will be with her always." I thought myself in my mind.

I wash my face using the clean water and wipe it using my clothe that I just used. As I finished wiping my face, I was about to go to the door but suddenly saw Hailey is in front with me.

She rose an eyebrow and folded her arms. "You're going somewhere, ginger?"

I nod. "Yes."

She sigh and walk in front of me. She was short and I just keep smirking about it. Without thinking twice, she pull me to her body and then she hug me.

I astonish and look at her. She finally let me to touch her.

"I'm gonna miss you, psycho."

My smile change after she said the word psycho. I push her and grab her by her shoulder and look at her fiercely.

But she is still smiling. "I know you don't want me to call you that. But if you are the only person who can calls me Hailey, so it's mean I am the only one who can calls you ginger psycho."

She giggles but I still don't like the idea.

"Hailey, who's the boss?"

"What?"

I reach her face closer and our nose almost touching each other then I say in a very deep voice, "Who's the boss?"

She answers me shakily, "You, Jerome. You are the boss."

"So, don't ever calls me ginger psycho, mmhhmm?" I rose an eyebrow.

She nod while grinning.

Without thinking a thousand times, I reach her face and press my lip to her softly. In an astonishment, she kiss me back while she grab my neck and I grab her face.

And it will be a long one.

///

Summer's POV

The night. With my brunnete hair, I curled downward, with a really bright red lipstick, pinkish cheeks, perfect black dress and red high heels. The gala really makes me nervous even though I am not an important person. Lee, she was so nice. The invitation, really worth it.

I smirk at myself in front of the mirror. Looking up to down then flips my hair backwards.

Do I look good in this dress?

What'd Jerome think?

I sigh heavily and is frowning sad. Jerome went out early without leaving any goodbyes or 'see you tonight'.

I don't care if he loves me or not, the words will makes me happy.

But do I love him? This is the only question I can't answer to myself. If I ask him tonight or another, what would he say?

But it was so obvious that he likes me, but not a single thing that proves he love me.

Suddenly, a phone ringing and that is mine. I reach the phone and pull it to my ear, "Hello?"

"Summer, is that you?"

"Aunt Jo!" I scream happily as I hears her voice. It shows that she's sobbing but I don't think she's crying.

"Summer, are you okay? Did he hurt you?" she ask panickly. I frown while confuse at the same time. I stutter first then I continues,

"What are you talki—oohhh, him..." it explains everything. She was talking about Jerome. I just find out that Jerome met her at the circus when he was looking for me.

"No, everything's fine." I laughs at the end. I look at myself on the mirror and Aunt Jo still speaking,

"But, he.. I thought he.."

"He what?"

She leave me a silence for seconds and I can hear her relief breath on the phone.

"I thought he hurt you. Or probably worse. But Summer, through his journey to the circus, he killed Mr. Dante and was  looking for me to find you. I'm afraid he killed you but thank God, he didn't. How did you know him actually? You need to tell me, dear." she sobs.

"Aunt, you don't need to know about it."

"Dear, I can trust you."

"Well you wouldn't believed what just happened." I scoffs.

"What?" she sounds desperate plus worried. I slip my tounge by saying that words. What if she think about.. No no no, he is not my lover. Is he?

"Summer?"

I blinked twice and wipe my sweat that is running down to my cheek. "No, he wasn't trying to—" I pause for a second, "Jerome is not a person who you think, aunt. He is someone else in deep of his heart. He was kind, had a brilliant mind and had an idea to kil-I mean..he..urmm.. Jerome is a friend to me." I changed the topic.

"What are you talking about, Hailey Summer?" she sounds mad.

"My mother told me to be friend with the right person, so if Jerome wasn't the right person, why did he didn't kill me? No worries, aunt. I'll be fine."

Without thinking twice, I leave Aunt Jo keep on stuttering and hang up the phone then throw the phone into my black purse.

"Phew, that was close." I sigh.

A/n: so so sorry if it was too slow. Just wants to make sure that I can take a break 4 school tmrw.

Btw Ecco on Episode 3 just killed me omfgggggg.