Chapter 5 - Say It's Just A Story

^^ Photo is not exactly relevant, but I found the cast we saw ^^ Poor Ms Johnston. I made a gallery of the cast we saw at the bottom lol.

Warning : Profanity.

John woke up to a familiar ringing of his phone. He looked around and took in his surroundings.

Popcorn was scattered across the fluffy carpet as Maria snored, taking up the whole couch. Tubs of ice cream seemed as if they were thrown across the room, along with a few pillows here and there.

He groaned while reaching his hand out to grab his phone. Not bothering to check the Caller ID, he answered the call without any hesitation.

"Hellooo..?" He yawned.

A chirpy voice responded, "Hey! So... Uh... I got two tickets for you and Maria to got to the movies tonight! You down?"

"Uh... I dunno, Pegs. I just woke up and Maria's still aslee-"

"Okay, great! I'll pick ya losers up at 5, kay?"

"Wait!-"

"Byeee!"

She hung up.

Typical. John thought and chuckled. He threw a ice cream tub at Maria's snoring head, waking her up from a peaceful slumber.

"Ow! John, what the fuck?!" She yelped and rubbed her head.

"Watch your profanity!" He laughed. "Fuck you!" She screamed at his laughing face. "Sorry. I have standards, plus, you and I both know I'm too gay for that." He joked. "Also, Peggy just called saying she'll pick us up at 5, for the movies," He stood up, "I'm going to get ready. I'm going on a shopping spree before I die."

Maria nodded and packed up her things before making her way to the door. "I'll come too. Meet me at my dorm in twenty. Bye, Johnny boy!" She yelled and walked away.

John shut the door and carefully trampled over his battlefield of a dorm and went to his room, not bothering to check if Alexander was still there since he was usually always with his new fiancée.

He wasn't surprised to see his room as a complete mess. After all, what's the point of cleaning when you won't even be there anymore? Perks of dying.

He picked out a random shirt and some worn-out jeans. Sloppily, he changed and washed his face. His hair was out of whack, so he just put a beanie over it, too lazy to have a half-an-hour battle against his hair.

Swiftly grabbing his phone, keys and wallet, he stumbled out of his room into the foyer to grab his coat and snazzy red converse.

He slowly walked to his friend's dorm in an eerie silence and waited outside the door.

"Hey, hoe!" Maria yelled in his face as she slammed open the door. "Martha's coming too, by the way." She calmly said moving aside to let a tall girl, Martha Manning, with dark-brown hair and blue eyes through the doorway.

"Oh my God! You're so tall now, John!" She exclaimed patting John's head that was 3 inches shorter than her's.

"Shut the hell up, Martha. I'm average height, you're just tall because you wear heels all the damn time." He spat, playfully. "Sure. Whatever you say." She teased.

The trio made their way to the outside parking lot, chatting about how overrated popcorn was, as the bitter, autumn breeze nipped at Maria's arms since she didn't bring a coat.

Suddenly, Martha brought up something that made the other two freeze on the spot.

"How are things with your soulmates~?"