Interrupted

James brought me to the forest near our houses that we always used  to explore when we were little.  I had an idea where we were going because it used to be our (and Rose's) secret spot that we only know about. I did not tell him that because he had seemed so happy that we were going out and that he was going to be surprising me. 

We got near the bush that Jamie would always hide behind when we would play around in the forest. 

"Close your eyes, Al," Jamie said with a smirky smile.

I closed my and he grabbed my hand. I couldn't help myself but smile. He dragged me through he forest for a while and said, sorry, every time I tripped. I would just laugh and tell him it is a Longbottom gene, nothing for him to worry about. He just laughed at me.

"We're here,--- but don't open up your eyes!" James rushed to say. 

"Whatever you say, Jamie," enunciating his nickname. I could tell he was rolling his eyes, so I laughed.

He let go of my hand for a little while. Around after five minutes he came back and grabbed my right hand. He brushes the hair out of my face and put something behind my left ear.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now."

I opened my eyes to see Jamie smiling in front of our secret forest spot, the sunflower field.

"Wow, Jamie! I love it. I miss coming here with you," I said, even though we were just here about two weeks ago.

He laughed at me, "I agree. We used to come here everyday."

I didn't even see the best part until he gestured to it...

He moved and did overly dramatic gesture to what was in front of me.

There was a laid out picnic with all of my favorite foods. James is so considerate because he knows that I do not like to eat meat and I saw no meet on the blanket.

The story goes: My dad and I went to the United States for a summer. We went throughout all of the American regions and when we went through the region with all of the farms and animal raise shelters--- no I can't think about it sorry. 

"James this is so amazing! You're- you're to brilliant."

"Thanks I guess that I just know my best friend too well," he said with a laugh and joined him.

I took a seat next to him and he handed me the pudding, "Only your favorite dessert."

"Well, thank you," I laughed and took a bite out of strawberry, "If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to ask me on a date?"

"Well, I have always loved you, but it wasn't till last year that I started to have romantic feelings about you and I never said anything to you about it because Rose said you wouldn't be interested. Then all of my feelings continued to get stronger and stronger--"

"Wait, you mean to tell me that Rose told you not to ask me out," I smiled.

"Well, yeah. But my feelings just kept building up and I eventually couldn't bloody hold them in anymore."

I grabbed his hand, smiled and said in a "totally serious way", "Well I'm glad you decided to romantically ask me out."

James laughed and looked at my eyes, "I never realized till right now that your eyes changed colors."

I couldn't help but blush so I looked down and smiled. The I looked back up at him, "What color are they right now?"

He studied my eyes for along time as if every second they changed. He smiled like he knew what I was thinking.

"Right now they are blue and yellow," he said and then looked at the sky and the followers. "Like sunflowers on a sunny day, but even more beautiful. Never think that I will forget this in a million years"

I smiled.

That is when I go that with so many emotions I got kind of dizzy. I never thought that I would have actually go out with my best friend.

I jumped when I heard yelling, "James! Alice! JAMES! ALICE!"

"Is that Rose?" my voice was shaking.

James stood up and held his hand out to help me up. I took it.

"Rose!?" we yelled in union.

I stood up with the help of James, his hand was shaking but he didn't look scared. We watched as Rose came sprinting into the sunflower meadow. That is when we got interrupted.