💓

One week later...

Keith and April took a trip back to his aunt Ruby's house for the funeral. After the funeral was the repast which took place at his aunt's house. She was very much torn, losing her son like any mother would. She was still walking around talking to many people, still sobbing.

In the meantime, April and Keith were very separate during the repast. Of course, they were because he was talking to his family members but, she was very distant from him. Even when she was by his side, he would make body gestures indicating he didn't want her to touch him. She just took a seat aside, being antisocial. She still felt guilty about the whole situation.

An older woman strolled over to April, taking a seat next to her. The woman had grey hair all around, she looked somewhere around her 80s. But, she looked amazing for her age.

"Why you sittin' over here alone fa?" The older woman asked April, who was still looking down, sad

"Nothing, I'm just letting Keith talk to his family, is all." April replied, playing with her light pink acrylic nails.

"Oh, you're April Ruby keeps telling me about. I'm Keith's grandmother, Ola." The older woman introduced herself. April looked up at her smirking, then looking back down. Ola frowned at the sadness in her face. "Well, why don't you go over there and comfort him?"

"I was... but, then he kept brushing me off. I figured just because it's a hard time for him right now but, I'm not quite sure." April replied looking over at him talking to one to his cousins. Eventually, he looked back at her with a smirk that quickly faded after eye contact. Then he turned back around, April then sighed, "His body language was telling me something different. Like... aggravation, aggression. I don't understand."

"Maybe, he's just upset. I mean, he did watch Dante get shot by someone he despised and we all know Dante didn't deserve it," April shut her eye tight as she explained. Of course, it was the obvious reason but, April was never going to say. "Give him sometime and space. I'm sure he'll open up and bounce back."

April dropped her head, to look down at the floor again, now to cry. When she sniffled, Ola knew April was crying her eyes out, it was definitely something deeper but, Ola didn't want to push the limits. She began rubbing her back and giving her a speech.

"You are still young individuals, you all have time to settle things and talk things over. My grandson is really in love with you. The things Ruby tells me he says about you, I know so. You two can't let something so special go." Ola went on.

"I had a sweetheart back around when I was your age. We were so in love, inseparable. One day, something changed after his father died. His demeanor, his temperament. One secret I will tell you that I haven't told anyone else," April looked up at Ola, wiping her eyes. "I wasn't close to my father but, my lover's parents treated me with so much respect. My father got so jealous, he killed his father. I never told any of his family but, he knew. We didn't last because, me and him simply fell out of love and lost contact."