Chapter 18- The Wedding

15 year time jump:

3rd Person POV
TJ had proposed to him last May. It was a beautiful day, so they decided to take a walk. They held hands and talked about anything they could think of. Cyrus didn't know where they were going and TJ assured him that they were going to a very special place. All Cyrus could do was wait. He wasn't really a big fan of it, but continued to walk with him. He quickly noticed the place when they arrived. It was the swings. "Oh my gosh!" Cyrus had said. "We haven't been here in forever!" TJ smiled at him as his boyfriend sat down on the  swing. "Yeah. It's a really special place for a really special day." "Why is today so special?" Cyrus asked. TJ got down on one knee and Cyrus gasped putting his hands over his mouth. "Cyrus Goodman, you have always made me happy. Ever since the first time that I met you, I knew you were going to be special to me." He pulled out a little red box out of his pocket and opened it up for him to see it. "Cyrus Goodman, will you make me the happiest man in the whole universe and marry me?" "Yes! Yes! A billion times yes!" said Cyrus. They kissed each other. Cyrus put on the engagement ring. They swung a little and then they decided to go to The Spoon and ordered a Chocolate milkshake with two straws and a basket of baby taters.

Today was a new day. Today was the day that Cyrus would get married to the man he loved the most. He was getting really nervous. It was a big step forward in his life. A really big one. It was nerve racking. "Cyrus, you'll be fine!" Buffy said. "Yeah. I mean you're getting married to TJ. Your boyfriend of 15 years! Took him long enough!" Andi said as Cyrus smiled "Thank you guys. You are honestly the best friends anyone could ever ask for." They hugged for a while and stepped away.

The opening music to the ceremony began and Buffy and Andi attached their arms to Cyrus's. TJ turned and was tear eyed just like Cyrus. They walked him to TJ and they let go of his arms. They smiled at each other and, the everybody sat down.

"We are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Cyrus Goodman and Tyler James Kippen in marriage. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and husband." said the priest. "Now for your vows." Cyrus took a folded piece of paper out of his pocket and read it. "It's hard to imagine what my life would be like without you. You've always been there for me. Since the first day we met, you had faith in me. You taught me to have confidence in myself. You made my life better and you didn't give up on me. Even when we had our ups and downs, you didn't stop loving me, just like I will never stop loving you." TJ smiled. The priest turned to him saying that it was his turn to say his vowels. "I don't know where I would be if it weren't for you. When you started hanging out with me, I felt like the luckiest person ever. I felt like I could talk to you for hours and never get tired of you. And I still feel that way. I was the scary basketball guy when you met me and then I became the not so scary basketball guy. I didn't really believe in myself and thought I was stupid just because I had a learning disability. But all of that changed when I met you. You thought me to believe in myself. You thought me what love was and I will always love you like you love me."

"Now for the rings?" The priest said. Buffy handed them the rings. TJ slipped one on Cyrus's finger and Cyrus did the same with TJ. "Do you Cyrus Goodman, take Tyler James Kippen to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" "I do" Cyrus said, with the biggest smile. "Andi do you Tyler James Kippen take Cyrus Goodman to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for-" "I do" TJ interrupted. The priest smiled. "I may now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss the groom." They leaned in to share a passionate kiss. The guests stood up and applauded. "I love you" TJ said as he put his forehead on his. "I love you more." Cyrus said. TJ shook his head. "I don't think that's possible." "Well I do." Cyrus kept on. TJ laughed and pulled him in for another kiss.

TJ chose the music. For the slow dance, he decided "I can't help falling in love with you" by Elvis Presley.

It's been almost 15 years, since they heard this song. After that study date they had at TJ's house, it became their special song. Now hearing it for the first time in a very long time, made Cyrus's eyes water. "Would you care to dance, my love?" TJ asked, holding his hand out so Cyrus could take it. He smiled and said "How could I not?"

They made their way to the dance floor. "How did you remember our song?" asked Cyrus. "It was a really special night to me and it seems to me that it was a special night for you too." Cyrus nodded and said, "It was" "And besides, how could I forget that night? It was one of the best dates of my life." TJ continued. "It was, wasn't it?" Cyrus said, remembering that night. "Yeah." They stayed silent for a bit when TJ spoke up. "I can't believe you're my husband now!" "Well you better believe it." Cyrus said pulling him in for a kiss.

This is the last chapter that I will be posting. Thanks to everyone that read my book. I am really proud of how far I've come with this story.