Three- POV Johanna

Before the accident, my mom had this dream of living in New York. That was her plan right after Jaycee was born; to move there. Just days after Jaycee took her first steps, she was in a car accident on the interstate. She was rushed to a Trauma Center. She got X-rays, MRI's and tons of tests over the course of 24 hours. She had a concussion, a broken arm, dislocated shoulder, a jarred spine, and a few bad cuts that they stitched up. Dad and I were about to take her home when she unexpectedly fell onto the floor in the waiting room. Her lips turned blue, and she started shaking. I don't know the rest of it; Dad made me sit in the waiting room with Jaycee. I was crying, but Jaycee was fine. She was too young to know what was going on. She just looked around with her big, blue eyes, getting distracted by the noises of the hospital. That day, we left the hospital without Mom. One of the residents forgot to look at her chart, and gave her a medicine that she was allergic to. I forget what they said it was; I was too sad to care. All I know is that it took my mom away from me when I was 19. My dad sued the hospital for three-quarters of a million dollars, and won. That's the money we used to keep my mother's dream alive. We bought land, and had a custom house built overlooking a lake. I know she would love it. It has everything she would have wanted; grey bricks, a big deck, fireplace, a fountain, and a beautiful garden with stepping stones. It even has a playground for Jaycee. I don't think I'll ever have the courage to tell Jaycee what happened to her; the only thing that matters is that she knows that she has two people who love her more than life itself.

        After Harry and I's encounter with Randall, things were never the same. We would go on dates less, go to the movies less, and just not go in public at all. Randall said he'd drop 8th&L's label if a picture of us leaked online, but, I had really missed him. He had band practice every night in Reggie's garage, that I went to, and I went to their shows, and I was still allowed back stage and everything, but it wasn't the same now that Harry and I didn't have our freedom. 

        After the show that night in the city, Reggie, Harry, Nate, D, and Bobby planned to go down to "Electric Night" bar for a few drinks. I was excited, I mean, it is a public place, but not a lot of people go there on Thursday nights. I mean, the few people there get hammered so they wouldn't be able to even work a camera. I was excited to drink, and excited to hang out with the band, but I was looking forward to being with Harry the most. 

        At midnight, I was leaning on Harry's Porsche, arms crossed, trying to shield myself from the cold, mid-November winds. He finally emerges from the back doors of the venue, keys in hand. His brown, curly hair blows in the wind as he makes his way over to the car, unlocking me door, and opening it.

        "In, in." He subtly demanded, pushing me gently on the back into the car.

        "How was that? It was a good crowd!" I said when he started the car.

        "It was incredible, Johanna, really breathtaking." I looked over to see that he couldn't stop smiling; his dimples frozen on his face. I love seeing him happy. That night, Harry was a little out of breath, and the whole front section of the venue started singing for him. I heard it from back stage, and I could tell Harry would be super excited. I noticed he took the turn down Chestnut Avenue, away from the bar.

        "Hey, hey. Where are you going?"

        "Oh, I'm taking you home." He said simply.

        "Wait, I thought we were going to drink with your band?"

        "I am, you're not."

        "Wait, why not?" I asked. He looked over at me like I was insane or something.

        "Johanna," He started, a bit of surprise in his voice, "You know we can't be seen together."

        "There's no one at that bar on a Thursday, and only one person has ever taken a picture of you." How could he do this? I thought. I just wanted to spend time with him; I felt like we were drifting apart.

        "I'm not gonna risk ruining my career, or that band's. I thought you wanted what's best for us?" He said coldly. I've never heard him that mean before; and my heard felt like it stopped.

        "Well since you leave in a week, come spend the night instead." I hated to be so demanding, but the feeling that you might be losing someone you love was terrifying to me. I just wanted him to hold me, and never let go.

        "I think I need to go with the band," He said softly, not even looking over, "before the tour."

        "Sorry to be such a bother, Harry." I snapped. I crossed my arms, and looked out the window, letting a tear run down my face. I could feel him looking in my direction, and I could tell he wanted to make it better, but he was silent. Nothing to say at all? I wanted to ask him, but it would have only made things worse. He pulled up my driveway, and unlocked the car doors. He leaned over for a kiss, but I quickly got out, avoiding it. I scrambled to unlock my front door, but finally got it open and made my way up to my bedroom. As soon as I got there, I started crying, trying to be as quiet as I could so I didn't get questioned. How could he do this? I asked myself once more. I just cried and cried into my pillow for an hour. I was crying because I cared too much, I was crying because I should have kissed him, and I was crying because I felt like I was losing him.