Twelve- POV Anthony/ Jordan

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry," Jordan cried over and over to me. I pulled her into my arms once more, my hand behind her back covered by her curly blonde hair.

        "It's not your fault," I said, sympathetically. I pulled her away from me so she was at arms length. "Something really bad has happened. You couldn't have prevented it even if you wanted to. There are sick, sick people in the world, okay. And, if we want any chance of getting her back, we have to leave. Now." Jordan nodded, and wiped her tears away from her red eyes. She's Johanna's best friend. I knew this was extremely saddening, and hard on her as well.

        "I'm gonna call Cade to watch Jaycee," Jordan let out a choked breath, and turned away to call her boyfriend. I had met Cade a few times before, and he was a nice guy. I trusted him with Jaycee, who was still asleep upstairs in her room. I couldn't find the strength to look into her baby blue eyes, and tell her she might not see her sister again. The thought of me never seeing Johanna again made me, a forty-some year old man want to bawl. I couldn't imagine what it would do to the heart of a four year old.

        "Cade," I overheard Jordan on the phone. I didn't want to listen in, but the whole house was silent, and she was calling him in the living room. Her voice was cracking, and she sounded as if she was going to break down again.

        "Yes, something's very wrong..... No....Don't go to my house. Come to Johanna's. I'm here...I need you to watch Johanna's little sister... I'll tell you when you get here... Okay... I love you too." She hung up her phone, and came back into the kitchen. 

        "He lives a few minutes away, he should be here soon. What are we going to do?"

        "Anytime there's a missing person, the police need to be notified," I sighed. "We'll go to the police station." I looked over at the time on the stove, and it was three forty-five in the morning at that time. 

        "Can I have her phone?" I asked Jordan. She handed it over without hesitation, as the front door opened with a knock. It was Cade.

        "Hey, I'm here. Where's the little one?" He asked with worry in his voice. I could tell he didn't want to ask.

        "Jaycee's upstairs," I said.

        "I'll be right out, Tony," Jordan told me. I nodded, and took my keys off the key ring, heading out to my car; a white Charger.

-

        "Babe, what's going on? And what happened to your face?" Cade asked, immediately concerned. He quickly stepped over to me, caressing my face gently. I had forgotten about my elbow to the mouth; there was probably a significant amount of swelling and bruising.

        "I'm fine," I said.

        "Who the fuck did this?" He raised his voice.

        "Stop-"

        "No Jordan. Tell me who did this right fucking now. I swear I'm going to-"

        "This isn't even the problem!" I yelled. He flinched as my voice rose, and put a piece of hair behind my ear. I held my head down, but no more tears came to my eyes. There was no point in crying anymore, though I was devastated. My mood had switched, determined to figure out who took Johanna, and where she was.

        "It's Johanna," I sighed. "I was walking with her to our taxi downtown at like two AM, and someone took her."

        "Oh- my god," he was stunned, and at a loss for words.