Eighteen- POV Jaycee

Everyone was there. Me, Daddy, Jordan, DD, and Harry. I didn't really know why we were there, in the Emergency Department of the New York Trauma Center. New York Trauma Center. What even is that? And why do I remember it so clearly?

        "Daddy, have we been here before?" I asked the man sitting beside me, to the right. He looked down at me with his big, teary eyes.

        "For Mommy," he whispered. I just shifted my eyes left and right. I've never met her. I looked to my left, and Harry was crying still.

        "Mr. Red, I.." Harry trailed off, looking past me, at my dad.

        "Harry, I have nothing to say to you at the moment." Oh no. Daddy's mad. Why is Daddy mad? Harry looked back at him, as tears dripped down his cheeks. My Daddy looked forward again, not even caring that Harry was sad.

        "Harry," I said in a small voice, "what's going on?" He looked down at me and softly Shh'ed me, with his finger over his mouth. I sighed, and reached for his hand for him to hold. I didn't know why he was sad, but I wanted to help. I didn't know why anyone was sad. I just knew Johanna went away for a while; my sister. Harry accepted, enclosing my tiny hand with his big one. His fingers had rings on them, and one of them had a J and H on it. I knew those letters because Harry taught me the alphabet. It stood for Johanna and Harry. His wrist also had a hospital bracelet on it because he got hurt. He broke his foot, and he had a big black boot on it.

        "Family of Johanna Red," someone said. I looked up, and it was a nurse with a clipboard. I liked her outfit. It was all green.

        "Please, just family," she said. I looked up at my daddy, who looked over at Harry, and nodded at him. Harry let go of my hand he was holding, and lifted me up onto his side, as he supported me with his arm.

        "I can keep her," Jordan said to him, looking at his boot. I was pretty tall when Harry held me, so I looked down at her.

        "I have her," He said, and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I put my arms around his neck, and laid my head on his shoulder as he walked with the nurse. We went up the elevator, and when the doors opened, I saw more letters Harry taught me. "ICU". She led us to a room on the third floor and opened the door for us, letting us go in first, and she shut the door behind her.

        "Oh my god," I heard from Daddy. My head was still on Harry shoulder, and I was facing the door. Harry just held me tighter.

        "..She has suffered a severe skull fracture, and some bleeding in the brain. No broken bones, although she has a cervical fracture, and dislocation. She just got out of surgery and the internal bleeding has stopped, vitals are stable," the nurse said. I don't know what that is.

        "Is she in pain?" I heard Daddy ask.

        "No, she's comfortable."

        "Do you think she'll come out of it?" I heard Harry this time.

        "Her vitals look good, but there's no way to tell for sure. She's lucky." Who's lucky? I turn my head around, and Harry adjusts his grip on me so I can see.

        "Jojo?" I say. I move my hands to my mouth as my eyes begin to tear up.

        "Why is she broken?" I ask Harry. He lowers my head back down and rocks me back and forth. That's my sister, and she's hurt.