Twenty-one- POV Johanna

"I can't believe it," My dad said to me. I was sitting up in the hospital bed, crossing my legs, and holding onto the stuffed puppy Harry had bought me a while ago.

        "Me either," I said. I had spent about a month in the hospital recovering, and receiving physical therapy. I was perfect.

        "Harry should be here soon. He requested to push your wheelchair."

        "That's funny. Where is he?" I asked.

        "He's getting you flowers," Jaycee blurted out. Everyone in the room looked at her.

        "Jay, that was supposed to be a surprise," Jordan said, hitting her softly on the arm. We all laughed as a nurse came in the room with a wheelchair and a clipboard.

        "If you can just read over this and sign, sweetheart. I'm so glad to see you up and well," She said. Her name was Beth, and she was an older nurse that had been taking care of me since I came through the Emergency Room. 

        "Thank you," I smiled. I looked over the paper work, and signed as everyone else in the room was talking away. I had already changed into my clothes to go home. Jordan had brought me some clothes from my house; some sweatpants, and an 8th and L tee shirt. I heard the clacking of boots in the hallway getting closer, and a smile grew on my face, knowing they were Harry's. When I looked up, he was standing in the doorway with a bundle of white roses.

        "My girl," he said, walking through the door. I rose to my knees on the bed and threw my hands around his neck. That was the first time I actually hugged him in so long, and the few seconds that I was in his arms, felt like forever. 

        "Are you ready to go home?" He asked in my ear, then pulled away from me.

        "Is that a question?" I giggled. "Of course I am." He handed Jordan the roses, and helped me into the wheelchair the nurse had brought. Finally. I thought. As Harry wheeled me through the halls of the hospital, I looked around, vaguely remembering these halls the first time I came in here. I was thankful to be leaving the hospital with just a scar on my temple. 

        "Almost outside," My dad said behind me, and I looked back and smiled at him. We were approaching the doors of the front entrance of the hospital, and I looked down at my hand to look at my hospital bracelet, and something caught my eye. On my ring finger, was a sparkling diamond ring, the most stunning ring I had ever seen. I had no idea where it came from. I touched the ring, and moved it around with my fingers, and the wheelchair came to a halt. I looked behind me at Harry, and followed him with my head as he moved around the chair, to directly in front of me.

        "Johanna," he said. No way. "From the moment I met you, I knew you were going to be special to me. I can't imagine waking up beside anyone else for the rest of my life.." Tears slowly welled up in my eyes, and I moved my hand up to cover my lips. This is happening.

        "..and I can't explain how much I love you." He gently took my left hand in his, and got down on one knee, in the hospital lobby, right in front of my wheelchair.

        "You are.. my only," he said softly, kissing my fingers. I smiled with pure, blissful joy as tears flowed down my cheeks, onto my shirt. Harry's eyes sparkled through his eyelashes, looking up at me.

        "Johanna Lynn Red, will you marry me?"

The end.

For now.

Sequel: Flights