Come Home

Ashton sat in the driver's seat of his car, tapping his thumb impatiently on the steering wheel as he waited for traffic. His phone began buzzing in the seat next to him and he reached over to grab it, seeing his husband's contact.

"Hey baby, I'm on my way ho-"

"A-Ash," he said hoarsely. "Ashton, he's coming... I-I think he's going to take Lauren or H-Harry... I-I tried to stop him."

"Calum? What are you talking about, baby? What happened?"

"I-I went by the house to grab something for Harry... M-Michael was h-here." Calum coughed loudly before beginning to cry.

"I-I'm sorry, baby... I'm sorry..."

"Cal? Calum, are you okay? I'm coming, baby. Just hang on-"

"N-no. Go to the highschool... don't let him get them..."

"I'm not letting you die!"

"I'll be fine... I p-promise... just save your siblings..." without another word, Calum hung up. Ashton groaned loudly as he clicked his little sister's contact, beginning to speed towards the highschool as tears slipped down his face.

"You've reached Lauren... sorry I can't get to the phone-" Ashton hung up and tried calling Harry. If anything happened to his siblings, he swore... he'd kill Michael Clifford.

~~~

Students filed out of the highschool, and Michael sat, watching them from a car he had stolen. He held the family portrait in his hand, watching for either of the younger Hemming-Irwin siblings. He saw a young girl walk out, laughing with her friends. He smirked softly and stepped out of his car, putting his hood over his head. His eyes landed suddenly on a young boy who began walking alone towards the parking lot - Luke's brother. Michael dropped the stuffed penguin on the pavement before hiding behind the back end. He watched quietly, seeing the boy's sneakers stop in his tracks as he reached down for the animal. Michael opened the backend of the SUV as another car sped into the parking lot, gaining everyone's attention. Michael snuck around and quickly slapped his hand over the young boy's mouth. Harry fought, trying to scream as he dropped the penguin. Michael forced him into the back of the car and slammed the door, running around to get inside as Ashton jumped out of his own car.

"Lauren? Harry?!" He shouted.

"Ashton? What's happening?" Lauren asked, running over to her brother. Harry tried screaming as Michael sped out of the parking lot, sending the younger boy to the floor. Harry looked out the back window, screaming to his siblings.

"Let me go!" Harry shouted, clawing at the door. "Let me go!"

"Shut up!" Michael shouted, turning a corner and sending him tumbling across the back of the car. Harry pulled his legs up to his chest and started crying. Years ago, he had wanted to face the man that kidnapped his brother. Now he really wished he wanted something else.

~~~

Ashton sat in the hospital waiting room, sobbing into his hands. His husband was dying - again - and his baby brother had been kidnapped.

"Ashton?" Liz asked, running into the room with her wife. "Ashton? Lauren? What happened?"

"Mum... he took Harry!" Lauren cried, hugging her and Anne. "W-why would he take Harry?" Anne sat next to Ashton and hugged onto him, beginning to cry.

"C-Calum is dying," he whispered. "He was attacked again, and one of my baby brothers was taken again... why the hell is all of this happening?" Suddenly his phone started buzzing in his pocket. He pulled it out and froze when he saw Harry's contact.

"Answer it!" Anne said quickly. He answered it and two screens popped up. Ashton felt his breath hitch in his throat when he saw Luke.

"You know how early it is here, right?" Luke asked as Noah shifted in bed behind him.

"Luke... d-don't freak out," Ashton said softly.

"About what?" Harry's camera finally turned on to show the young boy, cowering in the corner.

"No!" Luke said, making Noah sit up quickly. "Michael!" The camera flipped and the older boy appeared.

"Hey, baby... long time no see..."

"Let go of my baby brother..."

"I think I'll keep him... until you come back to me..."

"J-just let him go. Please. M-Michael..."

"You have two weeks to come back to me or else I'll kill him..."

"Don't you fucking touch him!"

"Two weeks, babe. Until then... maybe I'll see if he's as fun as you were..." without another word, Michael ended the call. Luke sat at the edge of his bed, trying to think of what to do as Noah tried understanding exactly what happened. Luke hung up the phone and stood up quickly, beginning to pack up his things.

"Woah, Luke... slow down-"

"He has my brother, Noah..."

"What's going to happen when he gets you?"

"I'm going to fucking kill him and end it all! I'm not letting him kill Harry..."

"Can you just stop for a second?" Noah asked, grabbing Luke's hand. "Just think it through..."

"We can think it through on the airplane... I'm going, Noah... with or without you..." Noah sighed, standing up and pulling on his pants.

"Let's go then... let's kick Michael's ass..."