The Hanging Tree

Warning

Swearing
Panic Attacks

September 18th, 1998.

Dave's POV

"Shh, it's just a dream Sportsy, just a dream." It's been 2 days since I found Old Sport. He hasn't gotten much better mentally.

He can walk luckily, but he has a limp. He's been having really bad nightmares every night. I have no idea what happened to him before I found him, but it must've not been pleasant. "I-I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean it! P-Please stop..." "Shh Sportsy, it's fine. You did nothing wrong. Your safe." He starts to breathe a little easier and looks at me. "I-I freaked out again, didn't I?" I nod.

"Hey, I've gotta go to work. You wanna come with?" He nods. "Well go get ready, I'll heat up the car." While walking to the car I can't help the million questions that start racing around my head.

'Who is he begging to in his dreams? What happened that made him like this? Where did his brother and sister in law go?' I don't even notice the footsteps coming towards me till I hear a crack. I grab Sportsy before he falls. "Are you ok?!" He nods.

"Better than ok! Look!" His left leg looks normal, and like nothing but a branch or two hit it. I smile. "That's good, well, let's head to work." We get in the car and drive to Freddy's.

When we get there, Phoney runs out to greet us. When he sees Old Sport's leg fixed, he picks him up and puts him on his shoulders. "I'm so glad you're leg is fixed! But until your other one is fixed you won't be walking anywhere little one."

Old Sports face is as red as a tomato. He still manages to say "But moommm." I chuckle, it's nice to see his sarcastic self again, even if it's only for a bit. Phoney chuckles as well "No buts my son! Let's go!" It was soooo hard not to make a sexual joke, but I managed.

We walk in and I'm impressed. Without me Phoney has managed to uphold the place. "Tell me your secret's Phoney! How'd you uphold this place?" "Ductape." I made a o with my mouth. "Well, you can take Sportsy for the first hour. I'll take him the next, and so on and so forth." Phoney nods and goes to check on the kids. Now time for research.

One Hour later...

All I've been able to find is which bank took the house and how much it costs. Nothing on where Old Sport could have gotten these mental and physical scars. It's annoying. "Dave!" My walkie talkie says. I answer with "Yeah Phoney?" "It's been an hour." I look at the clock, wow, it's already 1:00.

"Ok, where are you?" The dining area." I nod. "Ok, be there in a second." I travel to the Dining Area. Sportsy is sitting watching the kids. Phoney is supervising. "Phoney! I'm here." They both turn around. "Thank foxy, I couldn't do with much more social interaction." (Same Phoney, same.)

I nod. "Go to the security office to hide out, I'll take it till 2:00. He leaves. "Alright Sportsy, what should we do?" His stomache answers for him. He blushes. I chuckle. "Well, guess that answers that question." I pick him up and put him on my shoulders. He yelps. "D-Dave!! Not you to!" I grin. "Yep! Let's go to the kitchen and try to teach you to cook."

One Painful Hour Later

Let's just say, the kitchen looks like a tornado came through. Old Sport can not cook. He is eating a microwaveable pizza made by me, because I can't even trust him to work the damn microwave. I call Phoney "We're in the kitchen." "Alright, be right there."

Time Skip To Brought To You By Jack Being Red And Not Orange

6AM. Today was an, interesting day. We trashed the kitchen, I kicked Freddy for scaring Sportsy, and 12 parents called Sportsy a child since we kept carrying him on our shoulders.

It was nice to see Sportsy happy. He acted like a more childish version of his self. It was nice, definately a one up from the version of him who's terrified of everything. Phoney carried him to the car and said goodbye. We both said goodbye to him.

I hope that Sportsy ends the day good to. When we got to my home I put on a Disney movie. He fell asleep on me after 30 minutes. I don't move him, maybe if I'm here he'll get a good nights sleep. I feel myself drift off.

I hear a scream from right next to me. I look over and am horrified. Sportsy is cutting into his arm and head, is breathing heavier than I thought possible, and is crying so much. I pick him up. "Sportsy?! I'm here, it's all ok! You're safe I promise!" It's like he can't hear me. He continues to freak out. I start singing.

Are you, are you, coming to the tree?

Where they strung up a man, they say who murdered three.

Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be.

If we met, at midnight in the hanging tree.

Sportsy starts to calm down.

Are you, are you, coming to the tree?

Where a dead man called out, for his love to flee.

Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be.

If we met, at midnight in the hanging tree.

He starts to go limp.

Are you, are you, coming to the tree?

Where I told you to run, so we'd both be free.

Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be.

If we met, at midnight in the hanging tree.

He goes fully linp in my chest and starts breathing normally.

Are you, are you, coming to the tree?

Wear a necklace of hope, side by side with me.

Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be.

If we met, at midnight in the hanging tree.

He falls asleep in my arms. He looks so calm and peaceful. I kiss his forehead. "Good night Sportsy, please have good dreams." I fall back asleep.

AN- We have it all! We have Mama Phone, and a sweet Sportagine moment. Anyway, that's all folks!