chapter 13

Pocahontas And John go down to the village and get some homemade biscuits. They don't make her sick in this part of her pregnancy. John gets her everything. "John. I have legs you know." John looks at her. "I know but I want you to save that strength for when the baby comes." He says as he hands her a biscuit. "Well that doesn't mean I can't do anything." She says as she takes a bite of her biscuit. John chuckles. "I'm sorry, I guess I have been a little overprotective, but you know the only reason why I'm doing this is because I love you and want you and this baby to be safe." John stated. Pocahontas smiles. "I know but try not to freak out every time I do something please." Pocahontas begs. "Ok I'll try, but I can't promise anything." John says. Pocahontas kisses his cheek and lays her head against his shoulder. He takes her hand and rubs it with his thumb. After breakfast, they met up with the chief and Adoette. "My Daughter! I have missed you. Please come in." He says as he carefully hugs her and invites them into his home. Adoette comes over and hugs the couple. "Pocahontas, I just finished the baby blanket." Adoette says as the couple sits down. The chief sits down as well. Adoette walks over to where she laid the blanket. Adoette grabs the blanket and gives it to Pocahontas. Pocahontas unfolds it and starts crying. "Adoette! It's beautiful! Thank you!" Pocahontas says as she pulls Adoette into a hug. "It was my pleasure." She says as they all sit down again. They all chat for awhile but it wasn't long until Pocahontas fell asleep in her husband's arms. John chuckles. "Well I think it's time we go back home. Pocahontas needs some rest. We will see you guys later." John says as he picks up his pregnant wife. The chief and Adoette both wave and go back to what they were doing. John takes his wife home and lies her down on the bed. He wraps her in the blankets. He wraps his arms around her and puts his hand on her stomach. He kisses her head and watches her sleep.

A few hours later Pocahontas wakes up and wants to go for a walk. John looks at her. "Hey babe. How are you feeling?" John asks. Pocahontas smiles. "The baby and I are fine John. I do have a sudden urge to go for a walk though." John smiles. "Ok. May I come with you?" He asks. Pocahontas giggles. "Of course John. Just try not to be too over protective." Pocahontas says as she kisses his cheek. John chuckles. "I'll try but I can't promise anything." John helps his wife up off the ground. Pocahontas takes his arm and they walk out. They walk through the forest hand in hand. "So Pocahontas, is it too early to start discussing names?" John asks his beautiful wife. Pocahontas looks up at him. "No, I have been thinking about them." Pocahontas says. "Okay, so I'll go first,....." He says as he thinks for a minute. "Oh I got it! Ok for a girl how about Eva?" Pocahontas thought about it. Then she smiles. "I think it's perfect." She says. "Great! So how about you pick the boy names?" He asks as he kisses her cheek. Pocahontas blushes. "I think I already have the perfect name. I have been thinking about it for a while now." Pocahontas says. "Ok what is it?" John asks. "I think I want to name him John Smith. He would be called little John." Pocahontas says as she starts to swing their arms back and forth. "Wait? You want to name him after me?" John asks with shock on his face. " Of course, besides I really like that name." She says. John picks her up and kisses her. "I love you so much!" John says as he puts her down. "I love you too John." She says as the wind surrounded them with love. The couple took a moment to stare into each other's eyes. Then they slowly pulled into a kiss. After a few minutes of this, Pocahontas has to sit down. John sits down behind her and wraps his arms around her and starts to rub her stomach gently. He rests his head on her shoulder. Pocahontas caresses his cheek. "What did I ever do to deserve you?" John asked. "You don't deserve me, but we are having a baby together so you will have to deal with me." Pocahontas replied. John kisses her cheek. "You always make me laugh." John says. Pocahontas laughs back. They sit there for a while watching the animals play. Then they continue their walk. Pocahontas was really happy. She started her new life married to the love of her life and now their lives just got more interesting. Pocahontas smiles at the thought of her little ones running around the forest and playing with her and John. John notices this. "What are you thinking about?" He asks as he kisses her cheek. "Oh I was just thinking about the future. Our beautiful happy future. The two of us and our kids." John stops her. "Woah, hold up. Kids? Not kid?" He asks her. "Yes kids. You weren't planning on having just one kid were you?" She asks. "Well of course not. I just didn't think you would be planning a second child so soon." He says. "I'm not planning just yet. I'm just thinking of what our future might be like." Pocahontas says. After a while Pocahontas starts to yawn. John notices and picks her up. "Ok Missy let's get you to bed." John says as he carries her back to their house. Once they get home Pocahontas is fast asleep. John kisses her forehead and lies her in the bed. He wraps her in the covers. John then gets into the bed with his beautiful wife and wraps his arms around her and falls asleep.