chapter 25

As the two months were passing by quickly, Pocahontas helped her father and Adoette plan and get everything done for the wedding. Pocahontas was so excited for her Father. She was also excited that Adoette asked her to be the maid of honor.

Flashback

Pocahontas was visiting with her Father and Adoette in his tent. "Pocahontas?  May I speak to you outside please? Adoette asked as she stood up. "Sure." Pocahontas was a little confused. What did she what to talk about? She knows Pocahontas accepts her for who she is. She also knows she blessed the marriage. She couldn't figure it out. They both walk outside of the tent and start to take a walk by the river. "Pocahontas, I have known you for about a year now, and I love you as if I gave birth to you. I was wondering if you would like to be the maid of honor?" Adoette asked. Pocahontas was shocked. "Me? But wouldn't you rather your own daughter be your maid of honor?" Pocahontas asked. "Well I would if I had one." Adoette says nervously. "What? You never had children?" Pocahontas says as she was very shocked. "No. I was never able to have children." Adoette says. "Well then I would be honored!" Pocahontas says excitedly. "Great! You have no idea what this means to me." She says as she hugs Pocahontas. "It's my pleasure." Pocahontas replied. Then they walked off to start planning the wedding.

End of Flashback

Pocahontas was super excited for the wedding. Her father found love again. That's all her mother would have wanted. Pocahontas had made her and Adoette's dresses. Pocahontas had the whole wedding planned out. They would have the ceremony at the river. There would be tons of flowers. There was going to be big ribbons tied to the trees to celebrate the couple. Pocahontas goes to check on the decorations. Everything was perfect. Flower petals everywhere. Huge ribbons hanging from the trees. It was absolutely beautiful. Pocahontas was also enjoying being a mother. Her little boy was so cute. She couldn't believe he was already two months old. She felt like she had just given birth to him the day before. She was currently on the ship with her husband and her charming baby boy. Little John started to giggle. "Oh John! Our boy is laughing!" She called to him. John walks into the room and smiles. "Darling, he has been giggling all week." John replied with a chuckle. "I know but every time he does it fills my heart with joy." Pocahontas said as she picks up her baby boy. John laughed again. "Oh Pocahontas. You enjoy every little thing about life......." Pocahontas looked at her husband with a concerned look on her face. Is her husband changing? Does he not love them anymore? She was worried that after a year and a half, this would be the end. "...And I love that about you." John said with a huge grin on his face. Pocahontas let out a sigh of relief and smiled. John noticed this. "Darling is there something on your mind?" He asked as he put one hand on her shoulder. "Oh I just thought you had changed. And thought maybe this marriage wasn't going to work out. I thought maybe you didn't want to be with me anymore." Pocahontas said with a blush. John was a little offended but understood why she would think that. "Pocahontas!" John says as he lifts her chin with his finger. He gazed into her eyes. She could see and feel the love in his stare. "I will always love you and our son. I promised to love and cherish you for the rest of my life! I will never just get up and leave without trying to work it out. Pocahontas! I love you more and more everyday. You are my world." John says as he caressed her face. Little John whined. "Yes and I will always love you too my son." He says as he taps his son's nose. Little John giggles at this. Then John turns back to his wife. Pocahontas starts to cry. "Oh John. I love you too!" Pocahontas embraced her husband. John pulls her close and then pulls her into a deep passionate kiss. "By the way Pocahontas, I don't ever want you to change. I love you just the way you are." John says. Pocahontas starts to cry again. "Oh John. I love you so much." She says as they kissed one more time. John then smiles at his beautiful family. "Now let's get rid of those tears and get ready for the wedding. Alright?" John asked as he wiped away her tears. "Ok." Pocahontas says with a smile. She then puts their son in his crib. Pocahontas goes into the bathroom to change her clothes. Pocahontas comes out in a beautiful beaded dress. It was beautiful. John loved it. "Oh wow! Honey you look gorgeous!" He said a little louder than he intended to. Pocahontas blushed. "Well, Thank you. Now go get dressed. I will dress little John." She replied. John nods and walks into the bathroom. Pocahontas put some traditional moccasins on her baby's feet. She also put a traditional Indian outfit on her son. John comes out in a fancy suit. Pocahontas was very intrigued by his suit. "Oh wow! Darling, you look so handsome." She said as she walks over and looks at the suit a little closer. "Well, Thank you."  He said with a chuckle. Pocahontas giggled as well. "I'm sorry, I just am not used to London clothes, and this suit is so.... Breath taking." She says. John chuckled again. "Well now I wish I would have wore this to our wedding." John said with a smirk on his face. "Oh I would have loved that but I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding. I thought it was perfect." Pocahontas said as she kissed her husband on the cheek. John blushed a little and smiled. "Me too." John said. "Now I must go and help Adoette get ready. Will you go help my father?" Pocahontas asked as started to walk towards the door. "Of course Darling. I will see you at the wedding." John says as he walks over to his wife and kisses her. Then Pocahontas heads out to the village. John then turns back to his son. He smiles at his son and lifts him in the air and then cradles him in his arms. "Come on son. Let's go see your grandfather." John says as he shuts the door on the way out. He gets off the ship and starts to walk to the village.