Chapter 23

The Next day Pocahontas wakes to hear the birds chirping. She looks over to see her two favorite boys asleep next to her. She coos over them. She wished that she could have a painting of that moment so she could look at it all the time. She stares at them in awe for awhile. She was the happiest she had ever been. She had a family with the man of her dreams. Soon Little John starts to cry. Pocahontas takes him from her husband. It was time to change his diaper. John starts to stir. "Shhhhh..... You go back to sleep. I've got this one." She whispered in his ear. He yawns and goes back to sleep. Pocahontas changes her son's diaper and came back to bed. "Shhhh..... We don't want to wake daddy!" She whispered. Little John looks into his mother's eyes as she rocks him back and forth. Little John giggles. Pocahontas smiles. She was starting to get the hang of being a mother. She nuzzles his nose with hers. He smiles back. Pocahontas gets a little teddy bear that one of the villagers made for him. She hangs it over him. Little John loved the little bear. He laughed with joy. "Shhhh!!!! Remember daddy is still sleeping." She says as she continues to play with him. After a while, Little John gets tired and falls back asleep. Pocahontas smiles. "Oh my sweet baby boy. I love you so much." She says as she kissed him on the head. "Hey what about me? Don't you love me anymore?" John asked as he looked over at the two of them. Pocahontas laughs. "Of course! Come here baby." She says. John leans over and kisses his wife passionately. "That's more like it." He says as he licks his lips. Pocahontas lightly pushed him. They both laugh. "Ok I'll go get dressed. Then you can get dressed and then we can go get some breakfast what do you say?" John asks as he gets out of the bed. "Alright." Pocahontas says with a smile. "Great!" John says as he leaves the room to get dressed. A few minutes later, John comes back and takes his son. Pocahontas goes to get dressed and noticed she was still kinda bloody from giving birth. "Hey John?" She calls as she walks back into the room. "Yes Darling?" He asked. "I'm still a little dirty from giving birth so I'm going to go take a bath." She says. "Ok can we come with you?" John asked. "Sure I would love you guys to keep me company. "Great!" He says as he follows her outside to the river. Pocahontas takes her dress off and lays it beside John. She then jumps into the water. She comes back up and runs her fingers down her hair. "Ahh....." She says as she starts to clean herself. "Woah. Easy there babe. You are still in recovery. You need to take it easy." John tells her. "Really?" Pocahontas asked. John nods. "Ok I'll be more careful. It just felt great to bathe in the water without having to worry about a baby inside of me." She says as she scrubs her legs clean. "I understand." John says with a smile. Pocahontas finished her bath and grabs her towel and wraps it around her. Then she goes back to their bedroom and gets dressed. John follows her and rocks little John. Pocahontas comes back a few minutes later and takes Little John back. "Alright I'm ready." She says. "Ok then, let's go." John says as he kisses her lips. They walk down to the village and see that they are still celebrating the birth of Little John. "Ah! My daughter." Powatan says as he brings her in for a hug. "Good morning Father." Pocahontas replied. "Ah. There is my grandson. We shall have a ceremony for him today." The chief says while lifting the baby to look him in the eyes. "Sir, with all do respect, could you maybe wait a few days until Pocahontas is a little more recovered? Women who just gave birth needs lots of rest." John says with a hand on his wife's shoulder. The chief is shocked by this. "Well John Smith. You happen to be right but how do you know so much about these things?" He asked as he lowers the baby and holds him like he normally would. "Well sir, when I was young, My mother was pregnant with my sister and when she gave birth it took her a while to recover." John says sincerely. "Oh wow. I didn't know you had a sister. Did you leave your family in London?" The chief asks. "No sir. They ..... They are dead sir." He says as he sheds a tear. Pocahontas rubs his back showing him support. "Oh John. I am so sorry that must be horrible." Powatan says. John nods. The Chief gives little John back to Pocahontas. Then he pulls John into a hug. "It's alright John. You have us now." He says as he comforts John. They soon pull out of the hug. "Thank you sir. I needed that." He says as sniffles. Pocahontas wipes away his tears and kisses his cheek."Thank you darling." He says with a smile. "You're welcome." She says with a smile. "Ok then, we will wait until the end of the week." The chief says. John was very grateful. "Thank you sir." John says. The chief nods. The Chief then goes to the center of the bonfire. "Attention everyone! My Daughter, Pocahontas needs to recover a little before we have a ceremony for little John! So we will have it at the end of the week. That way Pocahontas can rest up." Powatan says as he raised his arms. The crowd agrees that Pocahontas should rest. "Great! Then it's settled! We will have the ceremony next week." He says as everyone goes back to celebrating. Pocahontas sits down on the ground. Then Little John starts to cry. "Really? Now you're hungry? Mommy just sat down." Pocahontas says with a laugh. "John will you help me up? I have to go feed our son." Pocahontas asks nicely. John nods and helps her up. "Father, I need to go feed my son, may I be excused?" She asks. The Chief laughs. "Of course my daughter, you are not a little girl anymore you don't have to ask." Powatan says as he kisses her head. "Ok Thank you Father. I will be right back." She says as she starts to walk away. Then she goes to her father's tent to breastfeed little John.