Yep, I'm....Gay {10}

~~~Cale's POV~~~

The next day/the day of the party came faster than expected. I was walking in the building with Loren who I saw getting out of his car.

"Hey can I ask you something?" He asked me.

"Shoot." I said.

"Did something weird happen between you and Grant a couple days ago?" He questioned. I looked at him, thinking about whether or not I should tell him. I guess it's not a good idea to let him know.

"No, why?" I responded. He shrugged.

"Grant's been acting....al little strange." He said.

"Strange how?"

"Well, he's been really nervous for some random reason and yesterday when he got up from the lunch table he seemed...well he seemed kind of mad or irritated."

"Irritated?"

"Yea, almost like he was jealous. At least that what his face looked like."

Well I guess maybe he was still jealous cause I was going out with Audrey, but I was starting to think there was another reason but what could it possibly be?

"Oh well I guess. I don't really know." I told him.

"Well I'll see you in first period." He said walking off to go to his locker. I waved and walked over to mine.

I put in the combination and opened my locker. Suddenly, I felt hands cover my eyes.

"Guess who?" I heard a giggling voice.

"Hmmm, well I'm gonna go with the only person who would do that to me so Audrey?" I chuckled. The hands uncovered my face and I turned to see Audrey smiling.

"Excited for tonight?" I laughed. She nodded. I grabbed my books out of my locker and shut it. Audrey and I walked to my first period together.

"See you later." She said as she walked off. I walked in the class and my eyes instantly landed on Grant who was talking to Evan and Loren. He looked up and his eyes met mine and there was something in them I didn't quite recognize. He blushed and looked away. I took my seat. I heard the person to my left let out and annoyed sigh. I looked and I was filled with and instant hatred. It was that guy who was about to beat up Grant. I think his name's Kyal. He noticed me looking at him and smirked.

"Well well we meet again. Grant's little hero." He laughed.

"I knew we would but I thought I'd be punching you in the face when we did." I said, smirking back. His faded and he narrowed his eyes.

"You really should stay out of other people's business. You'll get hurt protecting that faggot." He spat.

"Fuck off. And don't call him that." I growled. I hated it when people talked bad about my friends.

"Well it's true. He just a weak little faggot. He just as fragile as he looks. That makes it way more fun to beat the shit out of him. I mean, he needed you to protect him. What could he possibly do to hurt me?" He laughed.

"It was three on one. It was unfair to begin with. Besides remember who gave you that bruise?" I said pointing to his nose. He turned his head.

"You caught me off guard. But I promise you that won't happen again." He said.

I rolled my eyes and turned back in my seat. Grant was scrawny. He really didn't look like he could fight all of them or even Kyal himself. He looked confident when the three of them were standing right in front of him when he came out of the bathroom, but when I looked in his eyes all I saw was fear. His eyes told me he was terrified. It really made my blood boil when one of them had thrown his to the floor, so I stepped in. I wasn't just gonna sit there and let them beat the shit out of him. But he insists on fighting them alone. He was terrified yet brave at the same time. He didn't want others to get hurt for him. I felt bad for him.