Yep, I'm....Gay {9}

~~~Grant's POV~~~

I walked away from Zoey and had gone inside. Yesterday's close encounter was still consuming my thoughts. I kept thinking about how close he was to me and the serious expression on his face and the fact that he was gonna-

"Grant!" A voice shouted pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up and turned to Loren.

"What?" I asked slightly embarrassed.

"You okay? Did something happen?" He asked eyeing me suspiciously. I blushed as I thought about his question. Something really did happen, but I didn't want to tell him about it. I just shook my head. He ruffled my hair and gave me a sad smile.

"You can tell me things, you know." He said.

"There's nothing to tell." I said turning away from him as I swatted at his hand. When I glanced at him he was smirking.

"Oh there's definitely something to tell. You just won't. You're so stubborn." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Zoey finally came in the doors and I immediately pulled her over to the side away from our friends.

"What's wrong?" She asked me when we were far enough away from everyone.

"Quit trying to hook me up Cale." I said flatly. She gave me a confused look.

"Why? You like him right?" She questioned. I sighed.

"Yea, but it doesn't matter. He's straight. He's got a date with Audrey tomorrow night." I said.

"But he almost kissed you."

"That just happened. It didn't mean anything to him."

"How do you know that?"

"Because...."

"Because what?"

"Because I just know it didn't!"

I stopped surprised by my anger. Zoey gave a small sigh.

"Don't give up when you haven't even tried." She said looking me in the eye. I ran a hand through my hair frustrated. I had nothing else to say for I really couldn't argue with her anymore.

"Grant...you like him more than you realize. I can tell you don't want to give up so soon." She placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile. Looking over her I saw Cale walk in holding Audrey's hand, a burning sensation building up in my chest. I did like Cale. It upset me to know he was straight and didn't like me back. But feelings can change when the other person finds out someone likes them. I guess I'm afraid that if I told him I'd be easily rejected. I've never been rejected before because I've never liked someone. Cale's my first crush and it would really hurt if I got rejected by him. I'd rather have him just never know.

Zoey removed her hand and followed my gaze over to Cale, letting out another sigh when she saw him. She looked back over at me and gave me her "are you okay" look. I nodded and walked back over to our friends.

"Uh, what was that about?" Evan asked as I approached them.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." I said as Cale walked over to us. He waved to all of us.

"Hey Cale! I saw you were holding hands with Audrey! You lucky dog!" Evan said with a fake pout. Cale smiled and shrugged.

"We should get going to class." I said and began walking off. Loren and Evan walked behind me.

"Did something happen between you and Cale?" Loren asked. I blushed but continued looking forward.

"No. Nothing happened." I answered him. I so badly wanted to just spill everything out the both of them, but I didn't know what would happen if I did. I just kept walking. I was weak, too afraid to let people see the real me. I hated being like this, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I kept to myself, just like I always have.