Consequences.

As one, Mo Yuan, Bai Zhi and Zhe Yan threw a burst of energy at the dark tentacles of magic that swept the Hall in under a second

As one, Mo Yuan, Bai Zhi and Zhe Yan threw a burst of energy at the dark tentacles of magic that swept the Hall in under a second. There was so little time to react to it and no sooner had their combined energies swept the hall clean then Bai Qian slowly slumped to the ground having felt the sharp bite of her curse the moment she threw it.

Su Jin may have been a lowly immortal with very little cultivation to barely survive on, but when it came curses, especially those aided by dark magic, the potency could be exceptionally powerful and though she did not think the dark energy had taken hold of her long enough to cause the curse to take affect, she still shivered at the ugliness of it.

"Qian Qian....." Ye Hua whispered as he helped her back onto her feet having sped across the Hall to try and block the curse himself. Only the moment Bai Yi realized that Ye Hua had crossed an unmarked boundary to reach her, his fist shot out violently to knock him back.

"Don't you dare lay a single finger on her." he screamed angrily as he towered over him just waiting for one little reason to lash out again.

"BAI YI!" Both Bai Qian and her mother yelled as Bai Zhi closed the gap to quickly drag him back towards their own group.

"Contain that temper, or I will place you on the punishment block myself!" Bai Zhi snapped as a guard moved in to help Ye Hua to his feet.

"Throwing the man off him, Ye Huas eyes glared dangerously at Bai Yi. He may have got a good punch in at his mouth, but Ye Hua would bend only for Bai Qian and as the two men glared at each other, Ye Hua moved back towards his family as Bai Zhi then moved forward towards Lord Pua and Di Jun to continue the trial which Haode and his sons had thought was now over.

Looking on, Mo Yuan too had moved to separate himself from the Fox Clan. Though he stood close enough should he be needed, he watched the exchange between Bai Yi and Ye Hua with one eye and Bai Qian with the other. He had felt the wisp of dark energy on her and though he too didn't think it was enough time to take effect, he could see she that she was affected by it.

A Dark Magic Curse, such as the one that Su Jin had used was exceptionally powerful. One did not need to use their cultivation or core essence to throw such a curse because it relied heavily on the one being cursed to work. In was in effect a mind control curse, and if Bai Qian was weak emotionally which he didn't think she was, then it could have a serious effect.

Only such magic was normally used by those who knew what they were doing, because they carried the very real possibility of back firing. They also carried a karmic debt, so they were never used even in the Dark Realms unless one was prepared to pay that debt. However, they were also used by unstable minds such as Su Jins and people like her always paid the price for using such vicious magic. He could only hope that the curse had not managed to take hold, because they needed only a mere second to take effect.

Now watching on as Bai Zhi demanded that Haode also face trial for his part in his daughters treatment while in his direct care, Haodes voice rang out loud and clear while instantly ending all thoughts of Su Jin and her curse, as Mo Yuan turned to watch as the man sat himself up as straight as an arrow to glare down at Bai Zhi.