Chapter Seven: a Room with a View

"Head Master Sanders, Miss Johnstone, Mister Samuels, we have arrived at Okos Island." Captain Forest said as he slowly drive the boat towards the shore.

I took the time getting to shore to look at the island. On the top of a mountain like hill was the school. Or should I say castle. It looked like it was built during the medieval times, and you know, I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

When the boat was secured and close enough to the dock for us to get out of we started unloading our stuff. Once everything was unloaded. We loaded it up into a large golf cart.

We jumped into the golf cart once everything was loaded and started to drive on the road, which I was assuming would lead to the school.

During the drive we could see everything that the island and school had to offer.

When you first turn off into the road you see the biking trail that goes off into the woods. Then to the right of the trail is the beach volley ball court.

On the other side of the road are the tennis courts and the batting cages. As we continued our drive I saw the football field, the baseball diamonds, basket ball court and the indoor hockey rink.

About halfway up the hill is the gymnasium, which Head Master said includes a gym area, a workout room, a fully equip gymnastics room, and a running trail around the top so you could run around instead of on spot on the treadmill during the winter season.

When we finally reached the school, I saw five separate buildings. Head Master Sanders told us that they were the girls dormitory, the boys dormitory, the auditorium, the dance studio and the school itself.

Once the driver parked the cart we grabbed our luggage for what felt like the hundredth time today and hauled it to our rooms. Head Master Sanders took me to my dorm and the male driver took Noah to his.

When we had reached my room Head Master Sander's gave me a skeleton key to unlock the door. Yep this school was most definitely made a long time ago. I unlocked the door with the key and then opened the door to get inside.

The first thing saw when I entered the room was my performance instruments. I immediately ran to them and gave them a hug. Going one day without playing an instrument was one day too long for me.

A chuckle came from Head Master Sanders.

"Oh. Um, Sorry Head Master. I forgot you were in the room." I sheepishly told her.

"It's fine dear. I gives me joy to see a student so committed to her studies and talents. I'm guessing by that the intimate moment with your instruments that you wish to unpack and then practice, so I shall leave you alone then." She says as she moves towards the door.

"Oh I almost forgot Miss Johnstone, Your schedule and meal plans are in the folder on top of your desk. That is all. Supper is at eighteen hundred hours, be there on time please. Goodbye Miss Johnstone."

"Goodbye Head Master." And with that she exited and closed my door.

Once she was gone I took the time to actually look at my room. When you first enter the room there is a beautiful entrance way with a small chandelier. I put my bags down and turned to look at the clock on the wall in the kitchen. It said five forty. I guess I don't have time to look at my room before supper, since I had no clue where the dining hall was and it was in a different building.

Maybe there is a map in the folder Head Master was talking about. I quickly run to the bedroom and open the folder that is on the desk. I rummage through the whole thing. No sign of a map. I guess I'm going on a scavenger hunt for the dining hall.