Chapter Eight: Friends and Nicknames

When Noah walked away from the table, all if the girls immediately turned to look at me.

"How do you know him?" Claire demands.

"Umm.. well long story short, I met him on the plane." I admit.

"Well he's dreamy." Mandy sighs.

I hear a slap and turn to see Mandy rubbing her arm, and Glaring at Kenzie.

"Ouch! That hurt Kenz. Just telling the truth." Mandy says as she winces from the obvious pain in her arms.

"Anyways, I was sitting on the plane when they announced that a 'very import passanger' was missing. It was my seat mate, aka Noah, who made all of us on board late. Then he happens to be my seat mate on the next plane ride. But I guess he put my seat belt on for me before we landed so I guess that was nice to him, but that was the only nice thing that he did the entire plane ride. He also stole my iced lemonade from Timmy's and no one steals my Tim's iced lemonade." I end, slightly mad because that iced lemonade story brought up an unsettling memory.

"Aw! He put your seat belt on for you! That's so cute." Claire gushes. I glare at her.

"Cute my ass." I respond.

"It is pretty nice, but I wouldn't call it cute." a deep voice says.

"Why do you always how up when you're not wanted." I spit at Noah.

"Oh I know I'm wanted around here. Aren't I girls?" he asks the rest of the table.

"Oh definitely Noah, You can hang with us anytime." Brenna and Mandy say.

I glare at them once again. They just don't get it. However Noah gets that this is getting under my skin. That cocky jerk is getting exactly what he wants. Humph.

"Noah stop annoying the beauties at the table." A guy with dark brown hair and brown eyes says.

"I'm not bothering them Ryan. I'm mearly entertaining them." Noah tells the new person at our table.

"Sure you were No, sure you were." Ryan said with a skeptic look on his face.

"Whatever Ry. And don't call me No. I don't like it." Noah pouts as he crosses his arms.

"Whatever you say No. So how are you girls liking Okos so far?" Ryan asks the table.

"It's great!"

"The rooms are gorgeous."

"The view is amazing."

"The weather is great."

"The class selection is wonderful."

Those were the chorus of responses that Ryan got.

"So," Danielle says as she turns to Noah. What's your first class tomorrow?"

"I got world history 101 with Mr. Kaymar."

Oh no. Noah has the same fist class as me.

"What's your second class?" I ask him. He looks at me surprised. Hell even I'm surpsiresed that I talked to him. If you even been able to tell, I don't really like Noah. I continue to think about having classes with my new found fr-enemy. I guess I can last through one class with Noah. If I can’t it will be a long, and boy do I mean long, year. 

The girls continue to ask Noah and Ryan multiple questions. The questions get pretty personal and that is when I tune them out. Is this how having friends works? With the constant chatter, the laughing, and the touching. I’m not too sure if I enjoy it.

“Hey El!” Jamie calls out to me. I tune back into reality.

“El?” I question her.

“Yeah it’s a nickname, you know. A different name that you call your friends. You have had a nickname before haven’t you?” Danielle elaborates.

“Well my coaches have called me Kiddo and Sport. Does that count?” I ask them.

“You haven’t had friends before, have you?” Noah suggests.

I look to the floor and response with a shrug of my shoulders.  

"Noah don't be rude. It's okay El. We're your friends now. Aren't we No?" Ryan says as he hits Noah in the shoulder. Noah snorts, but when Ryan gives him a stern glare he mutters a "Sure."

So I guess I've accomplished one thing so far at Okos Academy. I had finally found my self some friends and at this point I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one. I'm hoping that having friends will be a good one.

*****

Hiya! Sorry for the late, and short, update. Volleyball season has started and between that and homework I haven't had a lot of time to write. 

This chapter is dedicated to my two friends. AndyDawn and storytimegirl5. Follow both of them if so desire. If not then read their stories. I know from a first hand experience that their writings are great! 

That's all. Vote, Comment, Follow and Happy Reading everyone!!