::02::

Unedited-

"I didn't tell you your beautiful out of pity; I told you your beautiful because you are

"I didn't tell you your beautiful out of pity; I told you your beautiful because you are."

T A Y S A

I walk through the crowded hallways of Winsgrib High. My books tightly press against my chest as I glance down at the floor hoping not to make eye contact with anyone.

"Fatty," Someone said behind me but I tried my best to ignore them, continue walking through the crowded hallway.

I watch as someone put they foot in my way, hoping to trip me over and fall me down.

I swallow the lump in my throat, stepping over they foot and walking pass them into my class, surviving that mess of an hallway.

No one was in the class yet, giving the fact that the bell didn't ring and they woohoo have more time to talk to they friends.

Sadly Amara, my best friend didn't come school today so I was left all by myself for the whole day.

I sit by the window, putting all the books that was inside my hands on the wooden desk as I sit in the chair, tapping my pencil on the table as I waited for class to start.

The bell ring, students start walking in the classroom minutes later and the teacher walking behind them while talking to one of the his students about something.

The once quiet atmosphere changing to the loudest just in a matter of seconds.

"Get to your seats, children." The teacher said as he shoo them along quickly to they seats but they keep on talking, walking the slowest they could've to they seats.

The teacher prop his equipment down on his wooden table, pacing around the room as he clap his hands together, silencing the whole class.

"Now," He said, "Welcome back to school children." He give us a fake smile "I hope your willing to do work." He went on his desk, grabbing a piece of chalk then walking over to the board.

"Because we have one heck of a semester full of work and I hope your prepared." He turn around, giving us an mischievous smile before continuing to drawing something on the board.

The door quickly open, the barista that served me this morning walking in, the same bright smile he had at the cafe on his face.

"Good morning, sir." He said walking into the class.

"Good morning, student. Why are you so late you class?"

"Uhm," The boy turned to the teacher shrugging, "I was busy."

"Busy to work for your future?"

"No, busy working for the present."

The teacher stood silent, turning around and continuing doing whatever he was on the board.

"Take out your books class and turn to page 139 —" his voice was quickly drown out by a voice next to me.

"Hey, can I sit here?"

My gaze quickly lift up to the boy who called me beautiful at the cafe as I stiffly nod, unable to say a word because of how nervous I was as I stare into his honeyed brown eyes.

His smile grew, "Thanks." He said pulling out the chair beside me.