The Interview

It's June 2013 and Ana has traveled to New York City to be a guest speaker at a conference titled "Powerful Women doing Powerful Things". Ana is being honored as one of the top 100 influential females in business and women's charities. Her personal story is one of five being featured at the conference and she has been asked to do several interviews while in NYC. While her social and business status is starting to soar, Teddy and Ana are starting to miss "family time" with Daddy. Christian is finishing a whirlwind tour of several of his business branch offices at Roz's behest and he has found himself requesting stops in NYC twice in one week in order to see his wife and child.

Good Morning America (my morning thing with coffee) has asked Ana and four other of the conference speakers to appear each morning during the week, to have their charity spotlighted and tell their secrets to success and life. Ana is to be interviewed on Thursday by Robin Roberts in this spotlight on women series of interviews. Teddy is 13 months old in this story. Christian and Ana became Co-founders and Chairs of the Coping Together Charity at the request of Grace and Carrick Grey shortly after their marriage. Christian has really stepped up his involvement with the charity and with the loving support and encouragement of Ana has talked about and is moving towards expanding its reach to include socially impacted areas such as the Bronx, Queens in New York, Detroit and Los Angeles.

In this Fifty out of Fifty one shot- not only do we get to see some insight to Anastasia on marriage and motherhood and how it mixes with business and charity- but perhaps it opens Christian's eyes and deepens his love for his wife of almost two years now.
We join our favorite couple just after dinner in their Manhattan apartment, on Park Ave, just blocks from Central Park. It's Wednesday night and Christian is taking a plane flight back to Seattle overnight for a mergers meeting at GEH in Seattle the next morning.

The Interview

Wednesday night 7:00pm

"I really am sorry about missing your speech at the conference today Baby." Christian says quietly as he pulls Ana up off the couch in their living room and into his arms. Still dressed in his signature white starched shirt open at the neck and his gray suit pants, he sighs heavily and leans his forehead against his wife's forehead. "I heard you got the crowd to their feet."

"Oh, did you now?" Ana sighed, placing her hands on chest, smoothing out non-existent wrinkles. She just wanted to soak in the warmth of his body before he had to leave to fly back to Seattle. "And, how do you know that, you were in a meeting in Chicago all morning." She raised her eyebrows questioning him.

"Ummmmm, I have my ways." He said confidently. His gray eyes now pools of soft tones staring into Ana's blue ones.

"Sooooooooo," Ana draws out the word and runs one hand through the hair above Christians left ear. "why don't you use one of 'your ways' to get out of that meeting in Seattle tomorrow. Stay with me and Teddy tonight." Christian sighs again, not wanting to say no, but knowing he has too. "I think I can bring you to your feet Mr. Grey." She grins sweetly and kisses his chin.

"I know you can Mrs. Grey, because you already have every inch of me at attention." He rubs noses with her momentarily, but wary of taking it further. He ran late catching his private jet to Charleston three days earlier after stopping for 12 hours of enjoyment with his son while he worked on his laptop from the apartment and Ana sat on panel interviews at the conference in lower Manhattan. They managed to do a family meal together and get several hours of sleep together before Christian had to fly out for meeting concerning shipping trade agreements in Charleston. They both forfeited cuddle time and lovemaking to enjoy Teddy romping on the floor with his Daddy for two hours past his bedtime.

"I need you.." Ana uses her forefinger to lightly outline his lower lip and then finishes in a whisper, "to be at attention inside of me, please."