Only You

Welcome to the ninth story/one shot of Fifty Out of Fifty.  Are you ready for some angst?  How about a little nail biting with your reading?
In this story we see a pretty major "bump in the road" for the newlyweds.  I have always thought that Christian and Ana would experience a few eye opening disagreements and hurtful moments while trying to adjust to being married to each other.  Remember from this writers point of view the books stand as is.  They set an incredible whirlwind timeline of these two meeting, falling in love and then marrying.
We join Christian and Ana in this story as they check out of a Marriott in downtown Manhattan New York.  It is the end of January 2012.  Ana has been back to work at SIP for several months now and is five months pregnant.   Christian asked her to join him in New York for a quick three day trip- arriving on a Wednesday and returning on Saturday.  With a brief lull in work Ana acquiesces to his request and goes to New York with him.  Their penthouse is being redecorated and Ana spent much of her three days doing things that she said she never wanted to really have to do; picking out wallpaper and paint  colors, carpeting and new art work for the walls.  She did enjoy one of the major reasons for the redesign of the penthouse- the addition of a nursery for their expected baby in May.

Hang on folks, this gets ugly...then it will get better.

ONLY YOU

Saturday afternoon, 12:45PM, Lobby of the Renaissance Marriott Hotel, NYC

Christian held Ana's hand as they walked across the large opulent lobby, made up of granite black and white in design, modern lounge furniture that held a flare for trendy European taste.  His navy pea coat unbuttoned to reveal a navy blue thin knit sweater beneath.  His jeans rode easily on his hips, dress shoes were the only hint that he was in town for business. 

Ana was warmly dressed in a gray pea coat, dark purple knit scarf accented the purple and black tones to her thin knit sweater beneath.  Her jeans were a roomy comfortable fit to house the baby bump she now sported with their expected bundle of joy.  Taylor led the way ahead of them and stopped to speak with a dark haired thin, beautiful you lady who wore a Marriott name tag on her clearly tailored navy blue skirt suit, accented with three inch black heels.  He seemed miffed that he had to stop and speak with her, but she seemed to side step him and smile at Christian as he approached.  Ana's only clue her husband shared the miffed feeling of being stopped in public as they attempted to exit the hotel and head for the airport was the change in grip of her hand as she approached.  Taylor was an uncharacteristic short distance behind her with a look that almost spoke that he was sorry.

Christian's strides slowed, his grip tightened as did his jaw line.  His eyes ever so slightly narrowed.  Ana could feel him morph into a business-like temperament immediately as she slowed her steps to keep pace with him.

"Christian Grey!  What on earth would bring you to a Marriott in Manhattan New York ...as a guest?!"  The bright and summery voice asked him.  The young woman's smile matched her sunny demeanor. 

He nodded his head once and looked at the young woman, coming to a stop and then looking at Taylor.  "Sir, the plane is ready as is the car, out on the curb."  He dipped his head in the direction of the glass doors towards the front of the lobby.

The young brunette sticks her hand out politely towards Christian smiling sweetly.  "It's been several years, so nice to see you again."

Christian pauses and stiffly shakes her hand briefly with his right hand, still holding Ana's in his left.  "Yes, several."  He replies in short order.  His eyes darted from the young woman to Taylor.

"Miss Dean was hoping to get to say hello to you before we left this morning sir, I'm sorry that I did not have time to let you know ahead of time this morning."