Setting the Pin

In this story we join Ana and Christian as they host a small family dinner at their Great House on the Sound. Kate and Elliott as well as Grace and Carrick are in attendance. The appetizers are being prepared in the kitchen and wine has been poured for all.

It is April 2015. Kate and Elliott's daughter, Ava is two now. Teddy is three and Phoebe is one. If you have read my story titled "I Wanna Kiss the Baby", you know that in my Fifty world Ana becomes pregnant with a third child- a boy. In this story- she is not pregnant, not yet anyways. Christian thinks he knows exactly how to make sure a baby is either a boy or a girl.........

Curious? LOL, then get to reading.

Setting the Pin

The kitchen area of the Great House, 6:35PM

"When are you going to give up the recipe for these wings Elliott?" Ana asked as she licked her thumb clean of the glaze that covered the golden brown wings piled high on a decorative plate.

Elliot grins wide as he hands another glass of wine to his wife. "Your old man doesn't make enough money to get that outta me."

Christian smirked at his brother's comment and hands Ana a freshly poured glass of red wine. "Two million, cash, small bills."

Elliott looks at him sideways- swirling his wine in his glass. "Two and a half."

"Done." Christian said absentmindedly as he placed three meaty wings on a small plate for himself.

Ana playfully wraps her arms around one of Christians biceps and puts her chin on his shoulder tip. "Hey, what happened to negotiating?"

"We light our fireplace with that Baby." Christian grins down at her with a mouth full of wings.

Elliot huffs and laughs placing some spinach artichoke dip on his small plate. Carrick looks at his two sons and grins. He enjoys watching his boys interact on family occasions. He remembers times when dinners where quiet affairs and Christian was sullen and alone at the family table, Elliot asking him a million questions that he didn't want to answer. My how life has changed in the last five years. Carrick was proud of his expanding family tree.

"Well, I am going to need to retrieve another bottle or two of this wine from the cellar Christian- seems like it is paired perfectly with Elliot's million dollar wings and Ana's delectable spinach dip." Carrick beamed and stated as he walked out of the kitchen towards an elaborate walk in,climate controlled wine cellar located just off of the finished basement. The cellar housed over 400 bottles of wine selected by all of the Greys, and mostly supplied as gifts from Grace and Carrick..

"Grace, I know what we can get Christian and Ana for Christmas this year!" Carrack shouts as he disappears from sight.

Grace smiles at him as he leaves the room and scoops up another dab of spinach dip with her pita bread. "Wonder what that could be."

"A fireplace lighter." Elliots smirks and takes a pull of his wine.

"Well I for one think we should get Gail and Taylor a little something for watching the children tonight so we could enjoy the evening together here on the Sound." Grace says thoughtfully.

Christian and Ana both walk towards the double oven as the timer starts to sound, Ana setting her wine glass down as she agrees with Grace. "I think that is a lovely idea Grace, what do you suggest?"

"I don't know- a romantic dinner out for just the two of them perhaps- I could ask our personal chef if he could do something special for them on the yacht one evening." Grace seemed pleased to think of ideas.