Chapter 24

Chapter 24:

Andy's Point of View:

"Can I get up? I think I heard the front door."

Juliet just gave me a smile, refusing to move and let me get up to see who was home. She shook her head, making me sigh dramatically.

"Well I've gotta make sure my parents know you're here," I said, looking at her as she returned the look. "Mom usually wants to know when I have people over."

"Well she can come and find out herself," Juliet said.

She leant down and kissed me before I could try and argue back. A knock on the door made her break away from me and finally move to let me get up.

"Thank you," I said, making her smile as I headed over to the door to see who was there.

I opened the door and mom looked back at me. She looked at me for a few seconds as if waiting for me to speak first, but when I didn't say anything, she spoke instead.

"Just letting you know I'm home," she said, trying to see past me and into my room.

"Ok," I said simply. She gave a nod and was about to walk away, but I spoke again. "Just so you know, Juliet's staying tonight. I know dad won't approve of it, so I thought I should let you know first."

Mom looked at me for a few seconds before she nodded.

"Alright, thanks for letting me know," she said, a bit of a smile on her face. "I guess I'll leave you two alone then, seeing as I assume she's already here."

I gave a nod and she headed off, back down the stairs. I closed the door and looked over to Juliet who was sitting on the edge of my bed.

"C'mon," I said, indicating to the door. "Let's go watch something; get outta this room for a bit."

I watched as she got up and headed over as I opened the door.

"Can I ask you something Andy?" she asked as we headed downstairs.

"Depends whatcha wanna know," I said, coming to a halt on the last step as Juliet looked at me from one step behind.

She looked at me for a few seconds as I leant against the stair railing and looked at her.

"Does your dad not approve of me?" she asked.

"Oh sweetheart, of course he approves," I said, seeing she wasn't convinced. I shot her a smile. "He just doesn't approve of me having a girlfriend."

I laughed and quickly moved from the step as she tried to hit me. She crossed her arms and looked at me disapprovingly as I sighed and moved back onto the staircase. I moved up to the step she was on and slipped my arms around her waist as she refused to look at me.

"C'mon, don't be like that," I said, pulling her a bit closer. "He just doesn't like the fact that I'm old enough to have a girlfriend, ok? It's not your fault; you didn't do anything."

"Well if you hadn't noticed Andy, I'm technically your girlfriend," Juliet shot back, clearly a bit annoyed with me now. "So it kinda is my fault."

I sighed, knowing there was no way I was gonna win this.

"Look Juliet, I don't care if he doesn't like you," I said, watching as she continued to avoid looking at me. "I like you, and that's all that matters. I'm not gonna let him do anything to change that, ok? It's not his decision; it's mine and yours. If you don't want me, that's ok. But just 'cause he doesn't approve, doesn't mean I'm gonna stop liking you. I care about you, and that's what matters."