Chapter 1: Senior Year!

"SILENCE YOU LOUD ANNOYING BASTERED!" I roared at the beeping alarm clock shouting at me to get up for school. I groaned and moaned as I shuffled around in my bed destroying my perfectly made sheets.

How could those normal girls wake up so happy and energetic? I thought. When I wake up in the mornings I seem more like a spazzed fish flopping around for air.

I angrily sigh finally sitting up, I tossed my legs over to the side of my bed but couldn't manage to pick the rest of my body up. I just sat there for a minute debating if it was worth missing the first day of my senior year for sleep. After a few minute's of reasoning I decided education beats minimum wage at McDonalds so I slumped over to the howling clock and slam on the 'I'm awake you can shut up now' button.

Ugh why does it have to start so early? Don't get me wrong I was actually kinda excited for my last year of high school, but 6 in the morning was pushing it.

I lazily went to the bathroom to wash up and like usual felt much more energized. When I went back to my room I put my favorite pale pink top over my curly brown hair and threw on some baby blue jeans with my cute pale pink flats to match.

My skin looked really clear today so maybe it was a sign for luck, my brown skin was glowing so I did my makeup to enhance it. I don't mean all that foundation and concealer or whatever just a thin black line over my brown eyes with mascara and gloss did the trick.

Allow me to introduce myself, I know I probably seem like a grumpy old troll from what you just read but I'm not always like that I promise. My name is Marissa Stone and I'm finally a senior at Garden Grove high, Yay!

I've grown up at this school and I've made memories here but, I've always been to afraid to do anything exciting like they do in the high school movies. This is my last year here, when I leave and have kids I won't have any story's to tell them or any fond memories of the 'Glory day's' but this year will be different, I know it!

I'm really excited and hoping it's more like high school musical senior year! But hey, life is full of surprises.

After getting ready for what seemed like 5 mins, but in reality was actually half a hour, I walked in the kitchen to catch my mother on her phone looking as tired as I felt.

"First day of Senior year!" I say in a bolt of energy trying to get my mom in a positive awake mood. I actually was really excited, senior year is when you get to do everything you couldn't do the years before.

"My baby's finally a senior in high school, an adult." My mom says as she cries and brings me In for the deadly mother bear hug.

Gasping for air I faintly say, "Mom... I..can't....Breath."

She finally let me go and said, "Sorry it's just you're getting so old."

I grabbed an apple from the counter as my mother continued to have the realization that her child would soon be able to vote.

"It seems like just yesterday I was dropping you off at elementary school, wiping your nose and coming to pick you up when you had that pee pee incident during nap time."

"Mom!" I laugh out as I remember the embarrassing time. 

"Ok ok" she said

Before my mother could spill out any more of my embarrassing childhood she got cut off by the sound of the school bus down the street.

"Oh that sounds like the bus, I'll see you later mother I love you."

"I love you too, have a great first day!" She says as I shut the door.

As I departed to the rocky yellow school bus I waved good morning to the bus driver Helen who was late as usual.

"Good Morning Ms. Helen." I say joyfully.