Chapter 10

Edited by: sexybroccoli :)

-

Christmas was around the corner and Louis was last minute shopping, because let's face it, it's hard to hide presents in an apartment. Luckily Niall agreed to hide them in his apartment and it would be an easy trip across the hall. The only problem was that the list Dylan had is a million miles long and his expectations are far too high.

Louis recently got paid, so he was relieved with that. It was his Christmas bonus and now he had enough to spoil Dylan. Niall says he spoils him too much anyways, but he didn't care. All he cared about right now was being happy and spending Christmas with his son. Since they were on Christmas break, he had a lot less free time but it was worth it.

"What the hell is a Hex...bug?" Niall read the word off the list in confusion.

Louis shrugged, "I have no clue, mate. I'm struggling here. These kids toys are confusing and hard to find."

"Let's ask a worker," Niall offered.

However, Louis argued, "We don't need to ask, we're fine. We can figure it out."

Niall groaned but reluctantly followed him to the boys isle of Toys R Us. Considering Louis worked at Toys R Us not long ago, he thought it would be easier to maneuver around but sadly, he was more lost than ever. He already got some toys in the cart but there were a few that were impossible to find.

"So how was the AA meeting?" Niall asked curiously, on his knees browsing the toys.

Louis grimaced a bit, "It was awkward."

"That's what you get for fucking someone at an AA meeting. I feel like that's a rule."

"It wasn't on the website," Louis shrugged.

"Shut up," Niall snorted, but had a smile on his face. "Well, I'm glad you're still going. I know it's hard right now, especially around the holidays, but I'm proud of you."

"This is getting too gay," Louis joked, shoving his friend playfully. "Thanks for making me go."

He was very sincere about that, too. Sometimes Louis feels guilty for being so snappish about drinking, but recently he's been doing better and he really appreciates Niall for sticking around. He's been going to an AA meeting two times every week and he's so tempted, but he hasn't drank a single drop of alcohol.

There were many times when he wanted to, though. Especially since he talked to Harry and the boy left. That was a couple weeks ago, however, and Louis has tried his best to push him from his mind. It was harder said than done. 

Sometimes he can go a day or two without thinking about him, but then he has these days where Harry corrupts his mind. He still didn't know where he was or what he was doing. Louis refused to talk to Niall about it because he was scared of what he might say. Niall can be very judgmental and he didn't want to deal with that. Plus, it feels like Niall always favors Harry and sides with him. It makes sense, he knew him before he ever met Louis, but still. 

 After a few more minutes, Louis settled with the presents he had. Honestly, Dylan already had a few from friends and family, so he didn't need that many. They went to the cashier and watched as she scanned the toys. Louis grimaced a bit at the number rising and Niall winced once it was rung up. 

 The lady said, "That'll be six hundred and thirty pounds."

Louis took a deep breath, but swiped his credit card. She handed over the receipt and Niall snorted, "The receipt is taller than you."

Louis punched him and Niall cackled as they walked out. He knew it was true and maybe he went overboard, but it's okay. He got paid a bonus and all the rent was paid off, they had the car fixed – it was fine. He kept telling himself this mainly because he thought Dylan deserved a lot of presents.