Chapter 11

Edited by: sexybroccoli :)

-

Laughter was the best medicine; it was a saying September always heard. It's been months since he truly laughed, and it felt so foreign, like a bittersweet taste on his tongue.

And yet, he found himself doing more and more as months passed by. He never knew it was possible, but it was true. And it was all due to a new friend he made that was almost like a guardian angel sent from heaven. A ray of sunshine in cloudy days. The little spark that sent flutters to people's hearts when they're feeling bloom. A friend who lends a hand.

He was a young boy named November.

He wasn't a typical lad. His coldness was felt from the day September met him. He had a shallow feel to him, but as time grew and as the two got to know one another, his warmth spread like a sun peeking through the clouds, shining on everything it could touch. He emitted so much laughter from September and turned the corners of his mouth up just by smiling at him.

It was a weird feeling, one he hasn't felt in so long. It almost scared him. However, he didn't push it away. August always taught him to accept the strange and allow in feelings that scare him. Because sometimes fear is good. Sometimes you need to push yourself. To drive yourself. To force yourself to allow in strange and weird.

So that's what he did.

September felt so alive when he was around November. The dark, lonely feeling soon disappeared, and he wasn't scared anymore. He didn't hide in his dorm as much and college soon felt like a place where he wanted to be. November made him try things and he almost reminded him of the friend he once lost. He made him happier than he probably knew.

And for the first time since August passed away, September has found hope.

And that hope went by the name November.

Louis ended the text there, sighing as he read over the last few paragraphs that he wrote. It was the first time he wrote something happy. That he didn't have the small sadness building up in him. This new character was very out of place, but at the same time; that was the point. Sometimes people come into other people's lives at the most random times and they don't seem like they'd work, but then they do.

All of his characters had a purpose and this one was to stand out. November was a guy that Louis never knew he'd write and enjoy it this much. He was completely different and as Louis wrote more of this character, he soon realized he wasn't made up. He was inspired by a boy named Harry Styles.

It became more obvious as he wrote him.

There was something about Harry recently that really inspired Louis to write. Ever since Christmas, Louis has been a lot more into writing and happier than ever. There was a burst of energy that come through and he was constantly writing down notes for ideas on his phone, eager to get on his laptop and write a new chapter.

They haven't spoken much since Christmas, only over the phone and texting, but Louis was eager to see him tonight. It was new years eve and there was a party at Liam's house, which he cheekily invited Harry to in spite of Louis. Or for Louis. He isn't quite sure what the reason was, but it was definitely because of Louis.

Louis heard a knock at the door, breaking his thoughts. He saved the chapter, then went over and opened the door. Niall stood there with a raised eyebrow, "Hey, ready to go?"

"Yeah," Louis said, quickly closing the laptop. "We have to stop and pick up Harry on the way, though."

Niall pursed his lips. "Pick him up?"