Chapter 13

my instagram, if you wanna follow me, is hazandtae <3

-

It was a wake up call for Louis.

Last night was probably the most horrifying thing he's ever dealt with. From his son crying cause he thought his dad was dead, to Harry's heartbreaking voicemail, to Louis waking up with the biggest hangover of his life – he didn't know what happened. It was all so much for him and his self-pity was not an excuse anymore.

His actions weren't just affecting him anymore. It was affecting his friends, Harry and his family. Louis was too much of a coward to face his reality, but now he knew he had to. He couldn't let his son live a life where his dad was out-cold from being a drunk. He couldn't lead Harry on like that anymore. And he can't ignore his friends helping hands. He had to accept it. 

Which is why, after he dropped Dylan off at school, Louis took a deep breath and stood in front of his best friend's door, eyes glazed over still from the intense hangover he had. He cleared his throat and hesitantly reached his fist up, lingering before he knocked twice and stepped back after he heard the door unlocking.

Niall stood there, eyeing his disheveled friend with a blank expression. "Yeah?"

"Hi," Louis greeted with a tight smile. "How are you?"

Niall blinked, rolling his eyes as he went to shut the door but Louis quickly stepped his foot in the way, wincing. Niall huffed and opened the door again. "What do you want? I'm kind of busy."

"Doing what? Wanking to Nicki Minaj?" Louis snorted, crossing his arms.

Niall shifted on his feet, "You know she scares me."

"And that turns you on, I bet. You little freak," Louis shot back, attempting to tease in order to see where they were.

Thankfully, Niall shot back, "Who are you calling little, you midget."

"Good things come in small packages."

"What, is your díck tiny, then?"

"Are you saying my díck is good?"

Niall winked, "Can't know, considering I haven't tried it."

Louis laughed loudly, smiling as the tension slowly cleared up. He feared their fight would be longer, that it would take longer to get Niall's forgiveness for being such an ignorant dickhead. Luckily, Niall struggles to hold grudges and Louis sucks at apologizing, so their friendship works out very well in that way. It's one of the things Louis is grateful for, when it comes to their friendship.

After a moment, Niall opened his door wider and Louis stepped in, met with the familiar scent of ramen noodles and man stench. Niall just has this natural young boy odor that is quite frightening. It's not the smell of sweat, necessarily, just the smell of...a guy. Which sounds stupid, but it's hard to describe. It's somehow comforting, though.

"Hungry?" Niall asked. Louis nodded, "Yeah, actually."

"Too bad," Niall said without glancing back.

Louis sighed heavily, but couldn't help the small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. He sat down and waited until Niall returned into the room, surprisingly without any food for Louis. He thought he was joking but nah, the petty bitch really had to bring food and not give any to Louis. It made Louis huff, but he tried not to be pouty about it.

Niall gloatingly took a bite of the food, glancing to his friend smugly. "So, what brings you here? I'm assuming there's a reason. You usually aren't one to cave first."