Martin Hayes

Kelsey

It's been six years since I came to live with my aunt and uncle who I affectionately refer to as mom and dad. During that time, they transferred me to a different school, and I was able to be who I am and not someone I'm expected to be.

People at school didn't know I was transgender and I never told them. It wasn't any of their business.  As far as I was concerned, I was good keeping that private.

Now, on the other hand, I had to deal with my encounter with Martin Hayes, who was the school's bad boy and practically hated everyone and everything.  He was the type to get into fights and scare the hell out of anyone that looked at him wrong.

I tried to steer clear of him. I'm pretty sure if he found out I was transgender, he would make my life a living hell.  It was something I didn't need.

All through school, I went along my business. I mean, what could go wrong today? Don't answer that because I'm pretty sure things about to take a major turn.

*******
Martin

I strolled down the hallway, minding my own business when someone ran smack into me. They fell, and I looked down to see some girl scramble to pick up her books.

"Thanks a lot," she huffed as she gathered her stuff up.

"You ran into me," I scoffed at her.

I watched as she picked up her stuff before standing and looking at me, then her expression changed. I looked at her with an annoyed expression as she went from being mouthy to being terrified.

"Never mind," she said as she maneuvered around me until she was walking away, whatever.

I made my way to class and took a seat. All the places filled as one was left, next to me. As I sat there, some girl rushed in and quickly took the last position, which happens to be next to me.

I turned to see the same girl that ran into me. That should be interesting since she slinked down in her seat.

Class started, and I decided to have some fun with her. I mean, why not, miss all high and mighty. Not so big and bad when you're stuck in a spot you wish you weren't.

I turned and leaned towards her, "karma's a bitch," I spoke as I smirked. Her eyes widened. Oh, this will be so much fun.

I pretty much kept harassing her in class, pissing her off until she snapped at me, "what is your problem?"

The fact you're sitting next to me," I retorted.

She developed a sour look to her.

"And I'm going to make your life a living hell," I replied as I enjoyed her discomfort. Good, I was sick of people and their freaking attitudes. Maybe it was time to knock someone off their high horse.

"Okay class, you're going to be paired on an assignment. It's an assignment to find out one thing about the other. From there, you will develop a topic on how this one thing will impact society. Your partner will be the person sitting next to you, such as you and you," the teacher explained, pointing to students.

I looked to notice I had miss high and mighty as my partner. Fantastic. I needed this stupid class to graduate, and I was stuck with someone who I'm pretty sure would cause me to flunk.

Who decides you need a sociology class to graduate? My school does. I hated school and everyone that went here. They were pretentious snobs who acted like they were holier than thou. Yeah, so not a fan of anyone.

After class, I got up and walked out of the classroom without a second glance at anyone. As I walked down the hallway, someone yelled at me as the person caught up to me.

"Wait up!" 

I stopped and turned as she ran up to me.

"Yes?"  I asked with slight irritation.

"Shouldn't we decide on when to get together and go over a topic?"  She inquired as I looked at him.

"Why?"

"Because that way we can write about it," she suggested.

"You do realize that if we work together, I'm going to give you a hard time, right?"

Her jaw dropped as she tried to figure out what to say.

"Look, I'm not a fan of people or anything. If you want to write about that, go ahead. I prefer not to work with anyone, especially with you," I said emphatically.

"Oh," she said quietly.

"No offense, but I prefer it that way unless you enjoy trouble, your choice," I smirked as she furrowed her brows at me. Then I watched as she started to cry.  "Are you crying?"  I said with disdain.

"No," she spoke through clenched teeth as she turned and walked away.  It seems I hit a bit of nerve. Maybe I will have fun with this one after all. If I could make her cry, even better.  A smile curled upon my lips as I turned and walked away.

*******
Kelsey

Martin Hayes was the most despicable person ever. I didn't need a failing grade, and now I was going to get one.  Wasn't it bad enough that I ran into him in the hallway?  I hated him.

I just wanted to get through school, but that wasn't going to happen. Word traveled fast, and I heard people talking about what he had planned for me. Great, just what I needed.

Then it hit me, what if he found out I was transgender, then the whole school would know. People in high school weren't the most understanding, and I doubt they would understand being transgender.

I couldn't even get my surgery until I was eighteen. I was only sixteen.  Mom and dad were fine with me having reassignment surgery, but I had to wait until I was eighteen.

I also started seeing a therapist and was given hormone therapy.  Two freaking years and I had to deal with Martin Hayes in the meantime.  I just wanted to hide and not deal with him.  Easier said than done.  Let the games begin.

It looks like Martin and Kelsey aren't off to a good start but remember this is how it all started.

Get ready because the next chapter is a doozy.