Chapter 2: The Side Effect

AN: I can't possibly imagine Chara donating their soul to save someone else. 

So, yeah. Keep guessing. ^-^

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

A hand landed on Geno's shoulder, once again startling the small skeleton as he whipped around to find his brother gazing at him worriedly.

"Is something wrong?" Error asked as soon as he saw the mild panic briefly flashed in Geno's only eye.

The question made Geno realized how tensed his shoulders were and took a breath to relax them. Not wanting to appear 'on edge' especially right in front of Error.

Error was just to sharp and noticed almost everything that's wrong. Especially around Geno.

"No, nothing. Everything's fine." said Geno before forming a smile that slightly wavers. Completely ruining his facade and allowing Error to see through him.

Error's red eye sockets narrowed suspiciously although he didn't press on. He knew it was futile knowing how stubborn his older brother was.

Fine, if he won't tell him, Error will turn to someone whom he knows Geno can't lie about. With determination shining in eyes, the dark boned child turned around and ran.

Geno, in an instant, read Error's thought and quickly went after him. Pushing through the crowd of adults and barely able to caught a glimpse of his brother's back. "Error!" He called.

"Momma! MOMMA!" Error called for his mother.

Upon hearing her son's distressed call, CQ drop everything else and dashed to her son's aid by following his voice. She saw her second son running towards her and she knelt down to meet the boy.

Error grabbed her sleeve and tug at it repeatedly while pointing a finger at the play area's general direction behind him. "Something's wrong with Geno!" He said.

Fear gripped CQ's heart as she momentarily forgot to breathe. She was on her feet in an instant and ready to bolt when the said 'sick' skeleton emerged from the crowd. Squeezing and stumbling through in between the adults.

CQ was by his side in an instant and knelt down to his level. She immediately checks his vital signs and temperature for any abnormality. "Does something hurt? Tell me, sweetie, what's wrong? Are you okay? What happened?" She frantically asked her most fragile son.

"Mom, I'm fine. Nothing's wrong." Geno assured his gentle mother as he pry her caring hands off his cheekbones.

"He's lying, Momma! I saw it!" Error cut in as he went to his mother's side.

"No, I'm not! I swear it's nothing!" Geno argued.

CQ knew all too well that her sons would never lie to her. They're her little angels. She stood up and held hands with her children before leading them out of the crowd. It wasn't the right place to talk.

They entered the kitchen and she once again knelt down at the children's eye level before demanding some answers. "What happened?" She spoke in a stern and serious tone.

The two children erupted into a fit of protest, both canceling each other's argument. CQ silenced them.

She turned to Error and asked the same question. Geno doesn't look happy that their mother chose to listen to Error instead of him.