Chapter 10: The Truth

AN: Prepare your heart! I have something for you~ *evil grin*

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Geno's eye grew wide with absolute amazement as their surrounding fades from a dirty alley to a wide late afternoon skyline. On top of a high building and under the golden wispy clouds. A strong gust of wind welcomes them with a force that almost pushes them back as it roughly ruffles their loose clothes on their thin skeletal form.

Geno let his gaze wander over the flat concrete rooftop to see a communication tower on the corner, embedded with small satellite disks and on the other side there was the entrance to the building; locked with a heavy looking metal door.

Geno let go of his long lost friend's hand and walked up to the edge, there's no barrier or handrails for safety and looked down as careful as he can.

They were so high up! The people on the street look like ants and the cars look like toys from up where they were. The windows from the other buildings shine so brightly as it reflects the late afternoon sun.

Looking up at the horizon, he could see large clumps of trees with a huge patch of green grassy fields. It must be the public park. Geno didn't know the area was actually that huge! But then again, he never really explored the whole area due to his... previous condition.

And even further beyond the nature park, he can see a ferries wheel and roller coaster trail peeking over the trees. It was the amusement park! Geno wanted to go there for a long time.

He tore his gaze away and allowed himself to look at more parts of the city, he recognized the hospital he was in for practically his whole life, but other that, he doesn't know what those other buildings are. He'd never been there before. He's... not allowed to leave and... explore.

Geno suddenly realized how big the world actually was. He's been confined in a small room for most of his life that it never occurred to him.

"It's beautiful." Geno breathlessly said, his gaze fixed onto the horizon just in time to see the sun slowly set.

A little far behind Geno, the taller skeleton let out a genuine, but sad smile, his expression soft and gentle as he watches Geno take in the scenery.

Geno turned back to him, his face expressed awe and his only eye was wide with wonder. "Reaper." he called and the taller skeleton walked over. "Is this what you want to show me?" the smaller inquired once the taller was beside him.

Reaper held Geno's arm, not wanting the other to fall accidentally and gazed into the sunset. "It is." he replied. He felt pity knowing that Geno was kept inside the majority of his life. He has to be monitored at all times due to his condition.

And he's also proud of himself to provide Geno a chance to see the world.

Silence fell over them, a comfortable kind with nothing but the cool, fresh breeze of the wind. The noise from the busy city right below them was too far to be heard. Too faint to register. They watched as the golden sun sinks onto the horizon and the night slowly crept over their heads. Covering the sky with blueish darkness and dark clouds with a faint silver lining.

And once Geno thought the show was over, the city lit up. Burning even brighter without the sun. He looked up and saw millions of stars twinkling in the night sky like gems embedded on an enormous cloth blanketing over them.