Chapter 3: The Voices

AN: I finally updated.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Days pass by as things only seem to grow worse for CQ's eldest child.

He kept hearing the same voice commanding him to hurt someone. During those times, he had figured out that only he, for some reason, can hear the voice.

He didn't dare tell his mother the matter for he didn't want to worry her. She already had enough on her plate with her work and month-late comic series. He didn't want to add any more burden to her.

Error wasn't talking to him. Other than ignoring him, the dark boned child would occasionally send resentful glares at his direction whenever he would be caught him staring at him.

Although their mother had already talked to him, Error was still bitter about the whole thing. Especially when his mother disregards the topic of Geno. It made Error feel like his mother didn't believe him.

While Fresh was... well, being insensitive. Thinking everything was alright in his perfect little home.

Geno let out a defeated sigh as he sunk in the couch, knees against his chest and hands clamped over his ears as he tried to block out the voice buzzing inside his head. Under his only eye, there was a dark purple discoloration that indicates his lack of sleep.

The television in front of him turned up to the highest volume setting in futile attempt to distract himself.

But the sound barely reached him. It wasn't enough to keep him grounded in reality.

"It is such a simple task and you can't even do it right. Just take the blade and-"

Geno clenched his eye shut, burying his face onto his knees as he practically clutches his head. Willing the voice to go away.

No more! He begged. Magical tears forming on the brim of his eye socket. He could almost feel the rough textured hilt of the knife in his dominant hand and it frightens him.

He was losing it.

It doesn't help that he was alone. Error and Fresh were in school and hours before they come home. Geno can't wait that long. His mother was busy with her comics and he didn't want to bother her.

"-take the blade-" the words echoed in his head and Geno couldn't bear it any longer.

He pressed the off button on the remote before clambering off the couch. He made his way to his mother's home office.

Carefully opening the door as not to disturb the hardworking mother, but alas, it creaked louder than expected, announcing his presence to the occupant of the room, but she didn't even perk up at the sound. Geno cringed. Maybe she's too focused on her work? "Mom?" Geno quietly called from the doorway, hesitating if he should proceed or not.

"Yes, sweetie?" His mother's loving voice rang in the air. That alone was enough to calm the storm inside Geno's head as he stepped into the room and closing the door behind him.

CQ turned around, momentarily breaking his focus from her work on the table as she addressed her son in need.

Geno, again, hesitated in telling her the problem. His eye darting around the papers strewn across the floor. Maybe she's too busy. Maybe now was not a good time. But most part of him doesn't want to be alone again.

But this place was calming him. His mother's presence calms him.

"Can I stay here?" Geno politely asked with big pleading eye and his mother sweetly smiled before getting up from her chair and scooping her baby in her arms.