Chapter 5: The Stranger

AN: Enjoy!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"Get away from my son!" CQ yelled at the stranger as her hand flew to the switch by the door and flipped it on. White artificial light burst from the bulb on the ceiling, illuminating the whole room with burning intensity against her unadjusted eyes.

She suddenly gasps as the stranger vanished along with the darkness. Fear struck the already panic-stricken mother as her eyes darted back and forth around the room. She even looked behind the door and under the bed but the intruder just disappeared like a bubble.

Where is he? Her brain asked unhelpfully.

A groan was heard and CQ's attention snapped to the bed to see her sleeping son stirring awake, obviously bothered by the bright light.

She immediately went to his side, scooping him up in her arms and hushing him back to sleep. The boy latched onto her shirt, albeit subconsciously, and went limp as his mind returned to unconscious state within an instant.

Then, she quickly checked the window, which was thankfully locked, before briskly walking out of the room with the sleeping Geno secured in her arms. She didn't bother closing the door or turning the light off since it was now empty.

She moved fast back to her bedroom, grabbed her phone from the nightstand and dialed 911. The other instantly picked up, questioning the type of emergency and CQ replied: "someone breaks into my home!"

The dispatcher asked for the address which CQ gladly provides.

After the brief call, she rushed to another bedroom; Error's. She burst through the door and turned the lights on which draw out an instant reaction from the sleeping boy on the bed who groaned annoyingly at the sudden disturbance.

She hurriedly walked over and shook her second eldest son awake. "Error," she called with a strained voice, not wanting to alert the intruder if they were still there. "Error, wake up! We need to go!" she called more urgently.

Error let out another groaned before cracking an eye open. He squinted as the bright light assaulted his vision and he blinked the drowsiness away upon hearing his mother's voice.

When his eyes adjusted, the first thing he noticed was the unmoving Geno in his mother's arms. Error jolts up his bed, his eyes wide as all the trace of sleep instantly left him. He knew this scenario. It was burned in his mind. It's when Geno was in trouble and they have to go to the hospital. But... his brother was cured. His mom told him they'll never going back to the hospital. What happened?

"Momma, what's wrong with him?! Is Geno okay?!" Error almost demanded, worried evident in his eyes as he stood up on his bed in order to take a look at his brother.

"He's fine, hun. But we need to go. Someone broke into our house." she briefly informed as she held Error's hand to pull him off the bed. Tugging at it and ushering him to go.

A new kind of fear bloomed in Error but was soon replaced by a burning fury. His facial feature hardened as his resolve strengthened. He knew upon instinct that he needs to protect his weak brother and mother.

He jumped off the bed, crouched down and reached something from under it. He pulled out a wooden baseball bat and gripped it hard in his little hands. Then he followed his mother out and towards Fresh room.

It took a lot of time for Fresh to even stir as CQ shook him awake while Error stands guard at the door with his bat ready.

"Get up, you idiot! Someone broke into our house!" Error was growing annoyed and impatient at Fresh' sluggish response to their mother's urgent call. And he didn't regret bursting out even when his mother scolded him. It was an emergency!