Chapter 9: The Search

AN: How's the suspense? You okay?

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

CQ was enraged.

She was screaming at the lady behind the counter as two more police officers attempt to hold her back by her arms. Her eyes were wild and an ugly snarl adorning her lips as she bared her teeth. She was beyond angry. Furious, even.

She caused a big commotion, people -both civilians and policemen- crowding around them as she lashes out on the poor lady officer. She couldn't care any less about her image as of the moment. Her son was kidnapped! Someone took her son!

She struggled against their hold, tugging at her arms in futile attempt to break them free. "How could you let him walk away with my son?!" CQ yelled with uncontainable rage.

~~~~

Earlier...

Geno was fiddling with his thumbs as he was slumped against the backrest of the chair. His mother has been in there for sooo long and he was getting tired of waiting. His butt and back ache as he constantly shifts, trying to be comfortable in this hard, plastic chair.

A person walked over and stands before him and Geno gave them a questioning look. They wore a really dark jacket with the hood up over their head, casting even darker shadows over their eyes.

"Um, hi...?" Geno hesitantly spoke as he shyly waves a hand.

The person smiled. "Hi, Geno. Do you remember me?" deep voice. Really deep which only a male could possess.

Geno gave him a questioning look before the stranger pulled his hood down, revealing what type of monster he is; a skeleton, too. But that's not what surprised the glitched skeleton.

"It's you!" Geno exclaimed upon recognizing the other's face, enthusiasm evident in his voice as a wide smile crawled on his face. He jumps out of his seat and was about to hug him when he suddenly stops. Seeing how tall the other was compared to him. He outstretches an arm straight above his head and tried to reach as high as he can but only able to touch the center of the taller skeleton's forehead.

"How are you so tall?" Geno asked and the other let out a gentle laugh. Growth spurt, he guessed.

"I'm not tall, you're just short." He said, then his gaze softened. Looking a little melancholic. "You haven't changed a bit." he added.

Geno found that offensive as he huffs and folded his arms over his chest. Halfheartedly glaring at the other, who merely laughed at the adorable act.

"Excuse me." A woman in police uniform asked as she stood before the two skeletons, who looked up at her. "Do you know him?" he asked Geno and pointed a finger at the taller one.

Geno vigorously nodded in response. "Yes! He's my friend! We were in the same daycare when we were five!" Geno said to the lady and the taller skeleton had to bit back a snicker. Geno's mother sure was really protective of him to keep his innocence intact at this age. Or maybe it was just him who lost his too early?

A sudden sense of envy came to him but buried it deep back down just as quick as it had come.

"Uh, alright. If you say so." The lady spoke, hesitance evident in her tone, before she walks back to her post behind the counter.

The taller skeleton turned to Geno and held out a hand. "Come, I'll show you something." He said and Geno took it.

~~~~