Chapter 8: The Police

AN: Aha! A title that won't spoil everything!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

CQ wouldn't leave Geno's side. She stays with him... or rather, take him wherever she goes. She kept him company when his brothers were in school. She kept him in her home office while she works. And whenever she would notice Geno slightly turn his head to the side, as if he was listening to something, CQ could already guess that it was the voice.

So she would try to distract him; talk to him or make him tell her a story. Anything for her son to occupy his mind other than that voice.

She stubbornly refused to believe that that voice belongs to his son's subconscious. It's just... unbelievable.

It's been days and the men, who promised would monitor their surroundings, haven't given her a call for an update on their situation. Although there was no sign of the stranger again, which both relieved and worried her.

Yes, she was glad that the guy backed off, probably. Hopefully. But then she was afraid that maybe the guy was waiting for a chance. A moment of slip up. To take advantage of them at their weakest.

CQ also never let Geno sleep in his own room again. For now, at least, and until the stranger was caught. She let him sleep with her in her room, cuddled together and holding her son in her arms.

Geno was thankful for her. She chases away the voice and the nightmares. He was able to sleep through the night without any disturbance. He thought he was getting better. Everything was getting better.

And then, one afternoon, CQ was working with her comic with Geno on her lap when her phone rang. It was the police. They said they needed to talk to her.

Error and Fresh were still at school and CQ would never dare leave Geno alone in the house.

She buckled her son on the front passenger seat and they drove off. Upon arriving at the police station, CQ and her son was led inside the busy establishment and into an office where the chubby chief staring at his laptop screen on his desk. As well as an investigator wearing a brown coat and slacks standing behind him. It seems as they were waiting for her arrival.

Although the chief prefers to have no child in the office while they talk. CQ protested. She insisted to let her son be by her side the whole time. She also said that the topic would go over her son's head, he wouldn't understand.

But the chief and the investigator refused, for some unknown reason, and insisted to take the child out of the room. But they assured the mother that the other officers would keep an eye on her child.

A lower rank police officer came in, after being called, and escorted Geno out. The officer led him back into the lobby and told him to sit on one of the plastic chairs lined by the wall. There he fiddled with his thumbs, patiently waiting for his mother's meeting to be finished while the policemen silently keep an eye on him as they work on their tasks.

CQ was offered a seat and she took it. Sitting on a chair by the chief's desk while the investigator sat, too, across from her.

"Ma'am," the investigator began. "I'm sorry if we have to leave your son out, but this is a matter a kid should not hear. Especially him." he said and CQ raised a questioning brow.

The investigator turned the laptop to him and pressed a few keys. "The 'spies', as you may call, have been watching over your family since the installation of security cameras." he said and CQ nodded, already knowing this part of the matter. The chubby chief was intently listening as well.