Chapter 11: The Truth Part 2

AN: Ugh... What happened? It's been a week?

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"Hey,"

"Hmm?" Reaper looks down from the dark sky and to the smaller skeleton sitting in between his crossed legs. The corner of his mouth was pulled into a gentle grin.

"If you're dead, how can I touch you?" Geno inquired, his hands wrapped on Reaper's arm for emphasis.

"I'm not exactly dead, per se." Reaper said and Geno gave him a questioning look. "You see," The taller skeleton began and placed his hand on Geno's chest. "This is my soul- our souls combined together. In a way, I'm still alive. I just don't have my own body." he simplified.

"So you're like... a ghost? Or a spirit or something?" Geno asked and Reaper nodded. "It's still doesn't explain why I can touch you." the smaller skeleton added and once again holding up Reaper's arm in the air, although he was glad to hear that his friend was alive. Somehow.

"I'm just as confused as you are." Reaper shrugs his shoulders. "I didn't even know anyone can see me." he said. "Until your mom went to the police and reported being stalked by a probable murderer." the taller skeleton added with an amused but slightly embarrassed smile while looking over the brightly lit city.

Geno raised a brow at him. "How'd you know about that?" he asked.

"I was there." Reaper's instant sheepish reply, gazing down at Geno.

Geno narrowed his eye in suspicion. "Wait..." he mumbled as he pieces it all together. "That was you, too?!" The smaller skeleton balled his hand into a fist and hit Reaper on the shoulder. "You jerk! Momma was so scared!"

"Ouch," Reaper mocks. Rubbing the 'sore' spot where Geno hit him while holding back a snicker. Geno merely glares at him. "It's not funny." the smaller said, folding his little arms over his chest.

"I can't stop following you." Reaper reasoned, a playful smile adorning his face as he pulls the smaller closer to his chest, "Literally, though. I'm stuck with you. You have my soul, remember?"

Well, that makes sense, but... "Why didn't you just tell me?"

Reaper gave him an unimpressed look. "I would if it weren't for your mother who keeps freaking out and running away every time she sees me." he said, resting his chin atop of Geno's head. But Reaper thought that's a reasonable reaction. Who wouldn't freak out when they saw a stranger in their house in the middle of the night. Then seeing the same guy the next day following them around. He really should apologize to her.

"And I couldn't find a chance, everyone was all over you." he added, feeling a sense of jealousy after witnessing Geno's lovely family. Internally wishing that his family was the same. But it's a useless wish.

His father wouldn't even want to hear it. He's all about money and reputation. Reaper wonders how his mother was doing. He hopes she was okay. But the thought that she was with him, crushed his hopes to dust.

His father was insane. He'll most likely take his anger out on his mother after being informed of the news that his son died in a hospital from a 'mysterious disease'. Reaper grimaced. He wanted to see his mother, but that would only endanger both him and Geno's lives. And as an extension, Geno's family.

Reaper remembers the exact words his father would yell at him after his every failed attempt to hit the target; after every disappointment. A weakling, a blemish in their family name, and a worthless son.