Chapter 7: The Stalker

AN: ( ._.) I hate the titles, they spoil everything.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

CQ was astonished to hear what Geno had said.

Sure it had taken a lot of convincing and reassurance for the boy to even speak a single word and what he revealed went beyond CQ's expectations. Apparently, Geno can hear an old man's voice. It was telling him to... do some ugly stuff and had been having hellish nightmares at night. Blood, corpse, and fire? That's not what a child usually dreams about.

It was scary, even for her. And to think her son, a mere child, was seeing these... hallucinations and hearing... oh gosh, what else did the voice told him? CQ was beyond worried. Her son was in a constant state of being mentally tortured and she didn't even know.

She has no idea her son was going through this. She felt horrible. She felt as if she's a failure of a mother. Her son must've been so scared.

And the psychiatrist kept mumbling to her about her son's great potential of being a psychotic murderer in the future. Which made CQ seethe in anger because she knew very well that her son was never capable of hurting anyone. Much less kill.

The psychiatrist even suggested to let her son stay at the asylum for a while so they can monitor his behavior better but CQ aggressively reacts against it. "My son is not crazy," she said, her voice low but vehement as she protectively wrapped her arms around her child.

Without waiting for the psychiatrist's explanation, she stood up and briskly walked out the door with Geno secured in her arms. She didn't want to hear it anyway. Briefly thanking the psychiatrist, being as polite as she can despite being offended, before she went on her way.

Geno won't stop crying. Although silently, CQ knew Geno hates bothering anyone. And since they were in a public place, Geno hides his tearful face by burying it on his mother's shoulder. Clutching a fistful of her green sweater as he quietly sobs.

As they walk through the hallway, CQ suddenly felt Geno shook his head. As if responding to a question no one asked about, then mumbling something CQ couldn't comprehend despite the boy's close proximity.

CQ frowned and tightened her hold around Geno. "Is the voice talking to you?" she whispered to him and Geno timidly nodded without lifting his head from her shoulder.

CQ didn't like that. "What's it saying?" she asked and the answer she received was unsettling.

"Run."

CQ's heart nearly stopped. An overwhelming urge to turn around and look behind took over her. She stops dead on her tracks, gripping her son close to her body as she mechanically twists her neck to look behind her.

Her blood ran cold as her eyes widened in fright at what she saw.

There, in front of the door to psychiatrist' office where they were at, a familiar person was standing and staring back at her. Drenched in shadows that came from nowhere, their jacket's hood was up and casting darker shadows all over their face. With their broad shoulders, CQ guessed they're a guy.

The guy who broke into their house last night. He followed her here?

Swiftly turning her head back forward, as if pretending she didn't see him, she began walking at a fast pace while occasionally looking over her shoulder to see if the guy was following her. Thank goodness he's not.

The guy was just standing there but was clearly watching her leave. She can feel his gaze burning holes on the back of her head. She lost sight of him when she turned around the corner and into the lobby.