Born In A Storm: @SouthMarie

Title of Book: Born In A Storm

Author: @SouthMarie

Judge: @edith_snow

Title/Book Cover: 9/10

Grammar: 7/10

Tone of Voice: 27/30

Characters: 24/20

Overall Content: 25/30

Added Points: 2/10

Total Score: 94/100

Basic Review: I love the cover. I wanted to talk a little bit about grammar because you had a lot of run-on sentences that I think need to be split up. Usually those are the descriptive paragraphs, and it sounds very beautiful with the different colors you use and everything, but it's taken away with the confusing rambling all packed into one sentence. Just break it up and it'll stand out and really sound gorgeous. This was my main problem that took away some points. The second thing is that you tried too hard to make your character talented at everything. It's unrealistic to me, and kind of predictable to know that, "Oh, she's good at this too." This is a small thing, but especially how often some characters cried. I don't cry often (like three times a year on average) so I don't know if it's just me, but I felt like every few minutes a new character was crying. Also, she's your main character, but she doesn't need to be perfect. People in real life are never perfect, so why should she be? I loved the description used in your book and I love the idea of it, but I just really had a problem with the main character being so predictable. Other than that, it's a great story.