7: Babies and Slaves.

3: What happened to the three-day-old babies when the flood of Noah came? Don't envision a worldwide flood-hold in your mind the image of a single crib with a single baby, slowly drowned by the cold, dark waters. What could that child have possibly done?

Firstly, I'd like to point out that, while this question seems to be a pretty on-the-surface question, there is a deeper question behind it; How can a God be loving, yet take a life without giving that person a choice in the matter? How can that be consistant?

So, here's my answer to the questions that were actually presented:

What happened to the babies when the flood came? Sadly, they drowned.

What could that child have possibly done? Nothing. The Bible is very clear that young children are innocent, though nobody should need to be told that.

Now the deeper question; How can a God be loving, yet take a life without giving that person a choice in the matter? How can that be consistant?

I'm going to be honest, this is a question I personally have been struggling with for a long time.

I think everyone has to face this question at some point in their lives, because the death of a young child makes it inevitable. Now there are many ways to answer this question, and the answer everyone is seeking is different depending on who's asking. But here's one that I think everyone can apply to some degree;

I was asking God 'how can He take a life without giving someone a choice in the matter' and then He began to speak to me. He said;

"Does anyone choose when to die? Even those who attempt suicide don't always succeed, for they are not in control of who lives and who dies. I created life, and only I have the power to give it, and to take it away. Only I can choose when it is time for you to live, and when it is time for you to die.

So why does the death of babies hurt so much more, why does it cause so much more anger? Because they were young, and didn't get to experience life in this world. Because they didn't get to choose between heaven and hell.

People aren't angry that those babies went to heaven. They are angry because they didn't get to choose heaven.

But why is this so angering? The baby is in heaven! Isn't that where you would want him or her to go?

People are angry because death is always sad and angering, so they look for a place to direct their anger, like a mother blaming a doctor for her child's death, even though he could do nothing about it."

So that's my answer to the deeper question, or rather, the answer I heard. But I will also throw in a couple other things to help us understand the circumstances around the flood.

Here's something I discovered that gave me chills...

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days and also later. That was when sons of God had sexual relations with the daughters of men. These women gave birth to children, who became famous. They were mighty warriors of long ago." -Genesis 6:4

Sons of God were angels. These were the angels that followed Satan. Having sex with humans was forbidden. Their offspring were called Nephilim, and they were known as terrifying giants.

Many skeletons of these giants have been found, according to some (Of course there is always some sort of conspiracy theories).

A more trustworthy piece of evidence is that many groups of peoples have ancient legends about them, and dispite the fact that these people had no contact with each other, the stories are very similar.