Ch 5 - Sounds Like the First Day of School II

"Are you worried about how you're doing, Nishiyama-san?" Momo asked. The girl asked in such a delicate manner but it still made Neon shift away from her as a knee-jerk reaction. She had been too lost in her thoughts to even notice that Momo had come to stand next to her.

"...Ah..." Neon slowly admitted.

Momo gave a hopeful smile. "It's true you weren't able to use your Quirk to enhance yourself physically at every test but that was the case for several others as well. I think you should be safe."

"Thanks," Neon said, feeling her spirits slightly lifted by her classmate's words, "Would you mind if I called you Momo? Your last name is a mouthful."

Momo giggled. "Not at all! In turn, may I call you Neon then?"

Neon shrugged. "Sure."

Momo smile grew a bit bigger but then it wavered a little when she saw who was heading up for the ball toss. "Oh..." she whispered, "To be honest, I am more worried about Midoriya-san."

"Hrm?"

"He hasn't used his Quirk at all," Momo said in a hushed whisper.

"Of course he hasn't," Katsuki laughed, catching wind of their conversation, "He's a Quirkless scum."

"What?" Neon asked as Tenya also turned to Katsuki in surprise.

"Quirkless? That can't be possible. Did you not know what he did at the practical exam?!" Tenya asked.

"Huh?" Now it was Katsuki's turn to be at a loss.

"I've been so focused on my own results that I didn't really notice how everybody else did," Neon confessed and then she winced when she saw how badly Midoriya was sweating out on the field, "He looks nervous. Really nervous..."

As Midoriya drew back his arm, Neon could see red sparks that seem to grow and sparkle up his arm like veins or circuits but as he was just about to release the ball, it disappeared completely and the ball flopped to the ground in a pitiful fashion.

Beep!

"45 meters."

"How is that possible?" Midoriya gasped as he turned to look at his teacher.

The scarf around Aizawa's neck had come loose and it was floating around him like a sentient being. The teacher's hair was also floating straight up and his eyes glowed red as they pierced directly into Midoriya's.

"I erased your Quirk," Aizawa said, "The entrance exam is not rational enough if even a kid like you can get in."

"You...erased my Quirk?" Midoriya repeated and then he took a step back, "Those goggles around your neck! I recognize them! You...You can erase other people's Quirks with your Quirk just by looking at them. The Erasure Hero: Eraser Head!"

"Eh? Eraser?" the class asked as they looked at one another to see if anyone else recognized that name.

"Eraser Head is an underground hero," Neon said, "I've heard two news stories about him before but nothing recent. He's not in the media much..."

"From what I can tell, you can't control your Quirk, can you?" Aizawa asked Midoriya, "Do you intend to become incapacitated again and have someone save you?"

"Th-that's not my intention!" Midoriya shouted.

Aizawa's scarf stretched forward and grabbed Midoriya, pulling him to his teacher. They were far enough away that the rest of the class couldn't hear what the teacher had to say but Neon could. Every word as if they were speaking directly in front of her.