Ch 35 - Sounds Like the Provisional Licensing Exams I

After long weeks of training and prepping, the day of the Provisional Exams arrived. The exams were open to all the hero schools around the country so it was set in a central location, which was about a two-hour drive from school.

"You nervous?" Todoroki asked on the bus.

Neon nodded. "Aren't you?"

Todoroki shrugged. "I either pass or I don't. Being nervous doesn't change any of that."

Neon smiled. "I'll take that as a yes but you don't want to admit it."

Todoroki's stony silence only made her smile even bigger.

"You'll be fine, Cool Hair. I've only ever seen you breeze through an exam...Unless you messed up on your entrance exam but it wouldn't have been that bad since you clearly passed and got enrolled into the hero course."

Todoroki shrugged again. "I don't remember all that much but I did okay."

If it was anyone else, Neon would've suspected they were being falsely humble but she knew Todoroki well enough to know that he meant what he said. He truly did not recall much from his exams. He was probably too focused on actually passing and getting through it then what other people were doing and how he did in comparison to them.

When the bus finally pulled into the parking lot of the National Dagoba Arena where the test was being held, they all filed neatly out with their briefcases in hand. The arena looked like a concrete circus tent with red and yellow striped outer walls and a metal roof that came together at a tall point in the center.

"Ah...I'm getting nervous," Jiro gulped, when the whole class filed out of the bus.

"I wonder what we'll have to do..." Mineta whispered, "Ah...I wonder if I can get my provisional license..."

"Mineta!" Aizawa said sternly, dropping down so that he was eye leveled to the grape boy, "It's not about whether or not you can. Go and get it!"

"R-Right. Of course!"

Aizawa stood back up and he looked at his class. "If you can pass this test and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will become chicks. You'll hatch into semi-pros. Do your best!'

"All right! I'll become a chick!" Denki cheered.

"Careful," Jiro snickered, "If you overcharge yourself, you'll just be served over easy."

"Alright! Let's all call out the usual," Kirishima said with an enthusiastic fist pump, "Go beyond..Plus-"

"ULTRA!" a tall, muscular boy shouted as he raced to the center of the group and thrust his hand into the air. He had on a white collared shirt, black pants, and a black captain's hat with a red line across the brim and a yellow S at the front.

A boy with purple hair and a girl with long honey blonde hair, both in the same uniform as the intruder, walked up to their school-mate.

"You shouldn't just barge in on other people's huddles, Inasa," the boy with purple hair said.

The boy identified as Inasa gasped. "Oh no!" His arms slapped to the side and he bent low and hard, hitting his head sharply on the ground, "I AM SORRY!"

"What's with this guy trying to get by with just his enthusiasm?!" Denki exclaimed while the entire class of 1A took a step back from this bizarre person.

"Wait! That school!...It's from that famous school in western Japan!" Jiro said, "Shiketsu!"

The boy stood back up with blood streaming down his face. "I wanted to try saying it just once! Plus Ultra! I love UA! I am extremely honored to be able to compete against UA students," he shouted at the top of his lungs.