Ch 33 - Sounds like Heroic Support

Neon didn't realize just how long and how tightly she was holding onto her own hands until she released it and put them over her mouth, feeling her fingers tingle as blood rushed back into them. Neither Tsukauchi or All Might had reported anything to the school yet and everyone had been on pins and needles since the conference. Neon, Midnight, and the other UA teachers had made their way back to the teacher's lounge to await any news. Then it happened.

A news channel started to broadcast a fight that was happening live between All MIght and a tall, built man with a navy blue, skull-like gas mask with angular pipes at the top, a wide collar-like life-support system around his neck with multiple other pipes connecting the front and back. They were fighting amongst a ruined warehouse. Amongst the rubble, the reporter had pointed out several fallen heroes, including Blue Jeanist. Neon wanted to mute the broadcast because the reporter in the helicopter had no idea what was going on and was blabbering on theories that made her stomach turn. To make matters worse, Bakugo was nowhere to be seen.

Principal Nezu, Eraser Head, and Vlad King had returned shortly after the broadcast had started. The Principal calmly suggested that they moved to the staff conference room so that they didn't have to cram around an old tv set. Now, they all sat around a u-shaped desk, watching an enlarged projection of what was happening. No one spoke. They were too lost in their own thoughts or listening to what the reporter had to say.

Neon was in the former category. Where were the rest of the pro-heroes? Why was All Might doing this by himself? Where was Noisy Boy? Was he in another location?! Were the other pro-heroes there?

Suddenly, All Might was knocked right into the air and towards the helicopter but before he could hit them, he was pulled back down in a flash of yellow. Neon blinked.

"Looks like Gran Torino has made it," Principal Nezu said, "That should mean more reinforcements are coming. From what Detective Tsukauchi has said, Endeavor and Edgeshot should be part of that group.

"Th-This scene is like out of the nightmare!" the reporter stammered through the camera, "In an instant, half of Camino Ward has been destroyed! Currently, All Might is fighting the villain thought to be the ringleader! I can't believe it! Just one villain has destroyed the city and is more than holding his own against the Symbol of Peace!"

"Oh shit," Neon whispered when the dust settled enough for her to get a clearer view of All Might. He was starting to steam and he looked smaller than he usually did, even though he wasn't in his gaunt, frail frame yet. He's running out of time.

"Th-Think nothing of it, Neon!' Cementoss said hurriedly, "That is just All Might's..er..."

"She knows, Cementoss," Principal Nezu said, never taking his eyes off of the screen, "But I fear the rest of the world will too very soon."

Kaboom!

The villain struck once more and they saw Gran Torino jump out of the way but All Might stood exactly where he was and jabbed out his own fist, nullifying the villain's strike with his own. The impact caused a massive shockwave that blurred the camera's view once more with dust and debris. Neon waited with baited breath and then she gulped when she finally saw All Might with blood pouring down his sharp, hollowed cheeks and sunken eyes.

"Can you...Can you all see this?" the reporter asked, "All Might has...deflated!"

Suddenly, a surge of yellow energy sparked through All Might's right arm and it bulged out once more into a muscular form. The rest of All Might stayed the same. The villain also reached out his arm, cloaking it in a sinister black and red light bu just when he lifted up his hand, a blazing ball of fire enveloped the air in front of him and he quickly withdrew his hand.