A Crystal Tragedy

Toon Wars: Shorts

A Crystal Tragedy

By Frozarburst

In the Toon Force H.Q, Dani Phantom, Sam Manson, and Rose Quartz are chillin' at the cafeteria of the complex with Sam on her laptop looking up new gothic clothing on one tab, and environmental research on the other. Dani is pretty much interested in both and looks with her.

Dani: Man... All that plant life and they're still taking em' out for houses.

Sam: I know. And the houses themselves aren't even that good. They all look exactly the same.

Rose finishing a burger: Aaah... That was great. I needed that. Even though gems don't exactly need nourishment. (Looks at grease on her hands) My hands sure do...

Sam: Oh, Rose, can you hand me the soda over by the kitchen cabinet while you're there?

Rose getting up: Sure.

Rose gets up from her seat to the other side of the chamber where she's nearing the kitchen door. But before she can open it, she makes the wrong step at the wrong time and painfully stubs three of her right toes against the corner of the wall! An act so loud, Sam and Dani can hear it from a distance as the metal clang echoes across the cafeteria! Shocked and worried, the two of them watch as the former Crystal Gem falls to her demise from the sheer pain of the inconvenient injury and both scream and run for her! Upset, Dani gets on her knees desperate to comfort Rose Quartz and holds her left hand as it slowly goes limp against her's. "It's ok, Rose." says Dani. "It's gonna be ok. You're gonna live." Rose immediately retorts by looking up to her saying with a cracked tone of voice, " I'm not gonna make it this time, my child." Sam cannot believe it. Not once since she's been with the Toon Force has Rose ever been this broken, both in spirit and physical nature. Even this timeline's counterpart, Steven Universe, wasn't this bad.

"But you've got healing powers by your side!" Sam replies. But Rose again responds quickly, telling her, "There are no powers in this multiverse that can heal these poor dogs, Ms. Manson..." Now Dani is in tears trying to savor the moment as best as she can, begging her not to go, but Rose simply tells her in one quiet and somber goodbye "I'm sorry..." The great Crystal Gem and former Diamond, Rose Quartz, goes limp, letting go of Dani's palms before poofing into her single pink gem that falls onto the cold solid floor.

Dani screaming to the ceiling: NNOOOOOOOO!

While Sam and Dani are crying over the loss of their friend, Jimmy, Tucker, and AJ watch from the back of the cafeteria calmly drinking from their juice pouches and watching the drama go down.

Jimmy: Hmph. Women.

Tucker and AJ: Mhm.

Timmy stepping up behind the trio: Hey guys. What's up?

AJ quickly turning around: Oh hey Tim-

When AJ faces his best buddy, some of the juice left over in his pouch spills onto Timmy's pink t-shirt, which now has a dark stain thats so cold that it makes Timmy seize in place and fall against the wall, which not only scares him but also scares the other boys!

AJ kneeling to try and lift an unconscious Timmy: Oh nooo..! Timmy! (Plops head on Timmy's chest) Not Timmy! (Shakes Timmy's body) Timmy!

Jimmy starts bowing his head crying with Tucker and both take a knee and start holding AJ's back to pray. Behind them, the recently appointed council member, Professor Utonium, steps inside from the hallway.

Utonium: What seems to be the problem, boys?

Tucker: Look! Look what happened to Timmy!

Utonium: Oh my..! How did this happen?

AJ: He got a stain on his shirt!

The Professor's heart immediately sinks. His whole world flip turns upside down as he comes stumbling onto the walls nearest to him sliding down to the floor in distraught. For the other men, they continue to sob and Timmy lays there staring blankly at the colorless floor tiles. Indeed, major losses have occurred here on this day...

The End