*5*

Belle spoke first before Severus could say anything.

"I did what I had to do," Belle spoke quietly.

"Are you kidding me right now? You chose this?" Severus asked in an angry tone of voice.

"Yes, I told Lucius I would do it because I knew Draco couldn't handle it," Belle replied, whipping her tears off her face. Severus had made some mean, rude comments to Belle.

She had gotten up from her chair and pushed past Severus, storming out, heading straight for the front doors, then disappearing into the night. Severus went after Belle, but she was gone; he returned to Hogwarts, where he sat on his bed drinking.

His throat burned as he gulped down the bottle of fire whiskey. Severus couldn't get Belle out of his head. Her fear, her eyes. He had no idea where to begin to search for her. He hadn't felt this hopeless since.., since.., Lily. Guilt racked his body as he held his head in his hands. Because of his carelessness, another woman will be dead. Severus froze. Severus shook his head as he drank until he could no longer feel it.

The following day, Severus woke up, dragging himself into the shower. His head was pounding, and he gritted his teeth against the pain. Afterward, Severus dressed, meticulously buttoning every button. He heaved a sigh, his mind filled with thoughts of Belle again. He had to see Albus. Severus left his quarters and approached the statue, growling the password. He walked up the stairs and walked into his office without knocking.

"Ah, Severus. You seem distressed." Albus stated. Severus crossed his arms.

"A student has disappeared, Albus," Severus said.

"I am aware. As I'm sure you know, Belle is a strong woman from a wealthy family." he scowled.

"Well, someone has found her, and I suggest we save her before it becomes too late." The door to Albus's office burst open; it was Katie.

"Hey, professor," Katie said with a wave. Albus looked surprised.

"Aren't you supposed to be on break?." Albus questioned Katie.

"Well, yeah, but everyone was talking about Belle and how she's missing," Katie replied.

"Do you have any information, Ms. Belle?" Severus rudely asked. Katie crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, just like Belle.

"Yeah, she's at the Weasley," Katie replied. But, of course, Albus already knew this; he didn't tell anyone because he had his plan. Severus uncrossed his arms.

"At the Wealsy's, you say?" Severus asked.

"Yep," Katie replied. Albus told Katie she could leave, and so she did. Based on his better judgment, Severus decided to head to the Weasley's Burrow. When he arrived, he swears he heard someone yelling.

"Help," it rang in his mind like a bell. He tried to follow this voice. He knew it was Belle's even though it was so faint and far out; he just knew it was her.

Severus started walking faster towards the back of the Burrow, calling out for her, "Belle?" he said her name. Once Severus made it to the back of the Burrow to the open cornfield, he saw Belle trying to lift something off her leg.

"Belle?" Severus called for her again.

"Oh, look, it's Snivellus," Belle answered.

"Stop that," Severus angrily said.

"Um, how about no, you overbearing, pigeon noised wanker," Belle replied. "Why are you here?" She questioned him.

"You ran away; I thought you were hurt or worse," Severus replied. Belle finally got that thing off her leg before turning around to face him.

"I haven't gotten expelled yet, and I haven't "run away." I couldn't stand being at that manor any longer," Belle said.

"So you came here?" Severus asked.

"Yeah, Molly is amazing; my friends are here as well. We're all doing something around the Burrow to help Molly out," Belle replied. Before Severus could speak, Molly had walked up behind them.

"You're not welcome here," Molly said to Severus.

"Leaving," Severus replied and stormed away. Molly looked at Belle, flashing a sweet smile before telling her it was time for dinner. While they returned to the Burrow, Belle heard noises coming from the fields. She told Molly to run just in case it was something terrible, and sure enough, it was. As Belle walked behind Molly, she looked around to see if anyone was there; as Belle turned her head towards the left, she was attacked by Grayback. Belle thought Voldemort had ordered him to attack her, thinking she was a traitor; in fact, she was. So she told Molly about becoming a Death Eater. But that wasn't the case; he did it on his own accord; he hated Lucius.